Friday, October 30, 2015

Sketch Gifts...Christmas and Happy

I think the Simon Says Stamp Sketch Gift die is so cool!!  It came out with the STAMPtember® release in September with other wonderful Christmas products, but this die, because it's a gift box with a bow, is perfect for not only Christmas, but just about ANY occasion that has gift!!  I used an older set of Simon sentiment stamps, Essential Greetings for both cards...wonderful set!!  My first one is a Christmas card...
I told you that black, red, and silver are "in" colors for Christmas, so I HAD to make one:)!!  I layered my sketched gift and added a black die cut bow.  The speckled paper, as well as the striped paper is actually wrapping paper from Walmart.  Here's a close up of the layering and shiny silver outlined die...
Lest you think I'm kidding, here's a sample of the paper I used.  I DID roll some adhesive on white cardstock, then carefully layed the wrapping paper onto the adhesive cardstock to make it sturdy to work with.  I die cut the  present from two separate speckled trees.  Just wanted you to know:)!!...

The second one...a fun, happy one...I just used the word "Happy", so it could be used for lots of occasions...and it made me feel just....Happy:)!!
Again, layered the background rectangles...yes, 1"x1 1/4".  I actually tried 4 of each of those colors behind the gift, but didn't like any one color, but liked it when I put them all together (also allowed me to layer each rectangle with the 3 other remaining rectangles of each color that I didn't use:):)!!)...
I am having so much fun with the last couple releases from Simon...thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Awesome cards! I love the idea of using giftwrap to accent! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! Nice die cut and I'm loving that red, black and silver :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially LOVE the Christmas card! I knew there was a reason I needed to get that wrapping paper out early :)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa