Thursday, October 15, 2015

Simon Says Stamp...Create Joy

There is a new release over at Simon Says Stamp today...Create Joy!!  It is a release jam packed with some amazing, fun, and beautiful new stamps and dies!!  I have made three cards using the new stamps sets Big Joy and the Big Add Ons along with the beautiful new Holly Ornament die, and the Nadine snowflake die from the STAMPtember® release...
I die cut the top panel with the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circle and Rectangle dies.  I stamped the sentiment with versamark and silver embossed. For the beautiful ornament, I die cut and layered it twice with white cardstock, then colored the leaves and berries with markers, then dotted the berries with glossy accents.  I used my silver Pilot pen to color the borders of the ornament, and then tied some silver thread to the ornament and hung from underneath the top panel.  Here's a close up...
The second one, I stamped on some striped paper with the largest Joy sentiment from the Big Joy set, cut out, layered with some chipboard underneath and a pop up dot.  I used one of the sentiments from the Add Ons set and sandwiched both sentiments between some striped paper.

I DID clear emboss the "JOY" after I stamped it in black...

The last one uses one of the sentiments from the Big Joy stamp set, along with the Nadine Snowflake die...
I know...you're thinking I'm crazy, stamping this sentiment 14...yes 14 times.  Take from my trial and error...you simply need to change the colors 5 times, not 14, IF you follow my diagram below.  Start with a green "JOY" at the top(purple 1), then change to red (yellow 2's), and stamp 4 in red(blue 3's)...and so on...took me a few tries to figure this out...but thought the end result was cute:)!!
Below, you'll find the new Simon products I used on my cards today, along with some dies and stamps from the new release that I CAN'T wait to play with:):)!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa




6 comments:

  1. Three wonderful cards, Lisa! Thanks for showing how you stamped that third card, it makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are darling! Love the joy and the ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You created lovely cards, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely cards. I so love your cards and look forward everyday to seeing what you create. Beautiful work. Thank you for all your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! especially love the first one. So elegant!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa