Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Teal Thank You and Chemistry for a Chemist

I made this card for Clean and Simple's challenge 142:

This is the sketch:
I used a stamp from Papertrey Ink to make the background and a frame stamp and sentiment from A Muse Stamps.  Didn't really know what to do with the button on the sketch, so I opted for a ribbon slide(buckle).

I decided to put up this card, too, that I made for my mom to give my dad for their anniversary.  My dad was a research chemist until he retired some years ago.  He still teaches chemistry at their area community college...amazingly smart man, and happily married to my mom for 55 years!!!  I found this in the latest copy of Card Creations:

Based on this card by Kim Hughes (the pattern is available through the Paper Crafts website):

Thanks, Kim, for the great inspiration...and the patterns!!
I used the pattern and cut the gray beaker, cut the red liquid after embossing it (didn't have right design paper and thought this pattern resembled bubbles). Added candy dot-like stick on beads and computer generated sentiment. Popped up beaker on  black card.



Things I used:
Stamps: 1st: Papertrey Ink Larger Than Life, A Muse StampsVintage Labels and Avian Notes
              2nd: None
Paper: 1st: Taken with Teal, bazzill white
           2nd: SU gray, poppy parade, bazzill black. gina k white
 Ink: 1st: versamark, stazon black
        2nd: none
Extras: 1st: ribbon slide(buckle), clear embossing powder, scor buddy, eclipse art tape(masking), pop up dots
           2nd: patterns, red stick on beads

Thanks for looking, have a great day!!

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards Lisa, love them both:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa Great card for your Mum and Dad! And I like your "slider" addition to the teal `card- very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are WONDERFUL, Lisa! I just love that chemistry card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa! I love both cards. I love the way you used the image from Larger than Life for the background! I love the "buckle" too. Fabulous. The beeker card is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tone on tone stamping is so pretty and I think I like the buckle much better than a button! The scoring and plain border are a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa