Monday, June 27, 2011

Less is More...sketch

I made this card for Simply Less is More's challenge 21...a sketch:
I made this one:
I used some designer paper from Michael's and a flower punch. I punched the flowers and popped up the red panel over a white panel and layered on polka dotted paper.
I also made this one but didn't put a panel behind the 3 "circles"(did you ever do that....think you have the sketch solid in your brain....make your card....only to find that you forgot the details of the sketch??), but thought that maybe with the scoring on the bottom part of the card separated the card into panels????...it could sort of pass for the challenge:)...ok it's a stretch, but I thought I would try:
...Splitcoaststamper's Clean and Simple challenge this week is a color challenge of red/white/and black...so these two cards are being used for that challenge, as well.
EDITED***
Added this one that I finished this morning, 6/28, after I changed the ribbon from gingham as I'd had it yesterday to black:
      Made this with Papertrey Ink Round and Round and a Inkadinkado sentiment with rhinestones and ribbon..

OH...I wanted to apologize for not doing a card for last week's monogram challenge....I was BEYOND challenged...I tried SOOOO many things...here are a couple of my computer generated letters I cut out:
but just couldn't make a card that I would want to send to someone...all my efforts just didn't work...so we move on(and hope I'll NEVER be challenged with a monogram again:):):)!!)....LOVE SIMPLY LESS IS MORE!!!!!!
Things I used:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Signature Greetings, Round and Round and Stampin Up Pocket Silhouettes
Paper: Bazzill white and red, design polka dotted paper, black
Ink: stazon black
Extras: Petite Oval nesties, scor buddy, flower punch, black stick on dots, pop up dots, clear embossing powder

15 comments:

  1. Lisa, I love your cards!! THe red and black are just gorgeous!! I don't know if I could chose between the two...but maybe....maybe..the second one? no...the first one...what the heck! Love them both!! My Card

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love these... thanks for posting last week's too, it proved a headache maker for a lot of people!
    The sketch card is fab!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card following the sketch is wonderful! so striking
    The other is slightly stretching it lol
    Those monograms are superb!
    Thank you
    Diva LIM
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 gorgeous cards, love the red and black but the first is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always think a sketch is just a starting point really but don't tell their royal Limnesses I said so! Both your cards are superb Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love both these - particularly the first one.
    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards - love the red and the textured cardstock!
    Sarah at 155

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 3 cameos on the 2nd card are my favourite, very sharp colours and the embossed lines to highlight the sentiment are really effective.

    ReplyDelete
  9. both of your sketch cards are so classy. I love how neat and crisp your cards look and so inspirational :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards. Like the monograms too. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. All terrific cards, so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lisa, Love everyone of these, black and red is a winner combination too:0) The PTI sentiments are just so useful, hee hee!! Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love, love the red and black! I especially like the daisies on the first card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all of your cards! You have been very busy! The first one is my absolute favorite with the negative punch and the polka dot paper! Love the red, black & white too! Unfortunately, I don't think I'll get to that challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all of your cards, they're gorgeous - I couldn't pick a favourite! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa