Thursday, June 16, 2011

One Layer Wednesday.. Yellow, Orange and Aqua

I made these cards for One Layer Wednesday...the challenge this week(#58) is to make a one layer card using the colors yellow, orange and aqua.  Here's what I came up with:
 The first card used a stamp set from Annabelle Stamps and a sentiment from Hero Arts.  I wanted one of each of the flowers to stand out, so I stamped the 2nd, 4th and 6th flowers first and masked them to stamp the remaining flowers.  Added stick on dots and sentiment.
The second card, I stamped the frame and masked to sponge the blue, then the orange and covered the blue and orange and sponged the yellow.  Added the sailboat and sentiment.  Cut the card to 4"...thought it looked better framing the frame.
Thanks for looking, love the colors of this challenge...what fun:)!!

Things I used:
Stamps: Annabelle Stamps Stemmed Flowers, Hero Arts Thinking of You
             Papertrey Ink Framed, Masculine Motifs and Fillable Frames 1
Paper: Bazzill white
Ink: stazon black, Tangerine Tango, Cool Caribbean, Daffodil Delight
Extras: stick on dots, clear embossing powder

14 comments:

  1. Lisa -you make the fabbest cards! Even your "one layers " are super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your flowery card Lisa... simply lovely!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your placement of the flowers is so perfect Lisa...it's so tricky working out the spacing for the front images, I find :)
    The sailboat card is gorgeous too, love the bold shapes in the scene :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa, brilliant work, great use of the colours, love your cards, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards. The flowers are so summery. Don't you just love these colore.
    Pauline H.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flower card is awesome!!! LOVE it!...the boat is cool too....your sponging is impeccable!
    My Card

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJune 16, 2011

    these are really great. I love them both

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow... both cards are just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love both of these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both of these cards, but those flowers are just gorgeous. Great use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AnonymousJune 18, 2011

    Oh lovely! LOVE that flower card! :) And super effects with that textured paper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AnonymousJune 18, 2011

    Both of these cards are gorgeous! I love the layout with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lisa, what a fab pair of cards. The first is so happy and fun and all the flowers are placed perfectly, and the second makes me want to go sailing for the peace and relaxation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the sentiment tucked into the curve of your beautiful garland! And your sunrise is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa