Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Less is More...Pick a Square

Happy Wednesday!!  My wonderful sister came into town last Friday and left last night...so I have not been posting cards or getting to many blogs in a while.  Having her visit...and especially over the Memorial Day weekend was sweet and we had SUCH a nice time, but I am back and will be getting back to looking at all the cards I didn't get to last week!  Oh what fun I have been having in my "haven"...I am so happy to be stamping again!!
I made this card for Less is More's challenge17...

This card's design had 5 squares, of which we were to choose one of the squares for our design and leave the other 4 as pure white space...or in my case So Saffron space. We were allowed to put the sentiment outside the square...which was great because I did!! The card is 4 1/4" square, the center square is 2 1/2", the frame an extra 1/16" on each side.
I used a stamp from Memory Box...stamped in black and dotted with Liquid Pearls. I framed in black and popped up on textured cardstock.  Added a small sentiment in corner and clear embossed.  Super simple...SUPER FUN!!
Things I used:
Stamps: Memory Box, Stampin Up Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Bazzill white and black, textured So Saffron
Ink: stazon black
Extras: clear embossing powder, Ranger Liquid Pearls Buttercup, pop up dots

18 comments:

  1. Very tasteful and I love the texture of your card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous - a very elegant card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply elegant and beautiful Love it
    Square is a teeny bit bigger proportionally than we set but its great
    Thank you for your entry
    Diva LIM mandi
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo just love how pretty and stylish your card is Lisa, gogeous stamp :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card very stylish. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. And SUPER elegant, Lisa!!! Love the colors...and the pearl drops...awesome card!!
    My card is HERE

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a gorgeous classy card and the stamp is perfect well done.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, someone used the word tasteful which is just right. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks fabulous Lisa, what a super little image, beautifully coloured with those liquid pearl dots.
    Thanks so much for a super submission, we hope to see you next time.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card the image is stunning especially on that cardstock. Well done:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a pretty stamp, I LOVE it! Love the textured card too :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The textured card stock makes this card really special and I like the use of liquid pearls too. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just gorgeous, lovely image and a crisp design.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lisa, How did I miss this lovely make? I'm so glad I found it LOL Gorgeous, the beautiful subtle colours contrasted with black are very classy. It's a great card:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. great card, love the birds and the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely card! I love the black silhouetted birds and flowers with the Saffron background! Soooo elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is so simple, but lovely. I've just joined your blog, I found you through a link in Pinterest & I've been looking back through your posts and all your cards are amazing! I'm so glad I found you.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa