Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Case of One of My Own

I needed to make a card for my sister's birthday.  She loves all things with an Asian, Oriental flavor.  I had pulled out my Embrace Life set and went to SCS's gallery to look at cards made with this set.  I came across one of my own and thought...I'll make another like this one...this is my original:


This is how I redid it:
Every element identical..just changed the colors, papers and pearls.  Thought the red gave it a more Asian flavor..and even though there is no Happy Birthday on the outside, I put a bunch of sentiments on the inside...I thought the original was perfect for what she means to me...her love has brought me life through some of the darkest days and hardest times of my life:)!!  Now it's off to the post office!!  Thanks for looking, have a great Sunday!!
Things I used:
Stamps: Embrace Life, Verve Text Objects
Paper: Textured Real Red, bazzill white, black, dp
Ink: stazon black
Extras: clear embossing powder, gold pearls, circle and lacey nesties, embossing folder, SU heart punch, pop up dots

2 comments:

  1. Both are fabulous but I do love the pale pink version! Stunning


    ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my all time favorite color combos! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa