Tuesday, June 7, 2011

One Layer Wednesday...Father's Day

I made this card for One Layer Wednesday challenge 56...to make a one layer card for Father's Day. Why are man cards sooooo hard for me???  I made this card last Saturday, but have kept from putting it up because it just didn't thrill me, but with countless(and I mean that) attempts at other things, and no success..this is my offering:)!! I think all my images suitable for "man cards" are small, and one layer is really hard for me with small images... My dad loves sailboats, has his own really small one, so this was really the only image I have or could think of for him:)!!:
 I stamped the chain with versamark and embossed with silver powder.  I did the same with the anchor and cut it out( I know it's paper, I am thinking of it as an embellishment and hope it doesn't seem I've broken the rules?!)   I stamped and embossed the sailboat and the outside of the sails.  I probably should have put the base of the boat a little closer to the chain, but it is what it is:)!!  I stamped the inside sails and dotted with Enamel Accents(LOVE that stuff!)...and just in case you're wondering...the design isn't flowers, it's a geometric design on the sails. I sponged the chain and below with the same blue as the boat.  I pierced the chain and anchor and used silver cord and threaded through holes on chain and added three stick on silver dots in the upper corner.
Thanks for taking a look!!

Things I used:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Men of Life and Masculine Motifs
Paper: Papertrey Ink white
 Ink:versamark, stazon black, ballet blue
 Extras: silver and clear embossing powder, silver stick on dots, silver cord, sponge, Ranger Enamel Accents

7 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful card for fathers day why do we all stress at men/boy cards its just the same and the less is more challenge is perfect for them thanks for visiting me take care luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Lisa this is fabulous, Its simplicity sings out to me and I just love the patterned sails :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is delightful! I love the embossed chain & anchor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet, Lisa!! I just love the little details you added to this lovely one-layer card. Your dad should LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I love your attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, this is a fabulous masculine card...and I'm sure the recipient will LOVE it!!
    Susan@Keeping in Touch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful OLC!!! Love the embossing :)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa