Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sketch Challenge 338

 I made this card for SCS's Sketch Challenge 338:

Based on this sketch:
I took a little bit of liberty with the 3-b circle in putting a bow in place of the circle.  I had a silver flower brad there, but my DD said the card looked nice except for that, so I replaced it with a ribbon and bow...she said she liked it much better...so I went with it:)!!  Used a SU set with a sentiment from Papertrey Ink.  For the circle I used an exacto circle cutter:
I really wanted a border for the semi circle, but had no scalloped nesties that big, so  for the scalloped border around the circle, I used the SU border punch, cut out a portion of the border(I'd seen cards where others had tried this before):
and attached to the back of the circle after rolling some tape on the edge of the circle:
I flipped it over and placed silver pearls on each circle area/seam on the border:
...just in case you wanted to know:)!!
This is a week where with little creativity flowing, I openly and unashamedly decided to use some of my favorite artists and their cards for inspiration. I made this card from Susan Raihala's site, Simplicity...a much smaller version of hers:

Here's her wonderful card:

I loved the fence punch with this tree...soooo cool...made a smaller card with a popped out fence , framed with a brown card, the card is 4 1/4" x about 4 1/2".....had fun.....thanks for the wonderful inspiration, Susan:)!!!
Things I used:
Stamps: Stampin Up Echos of Kindness, Papertrey Ink Signature Greetings
             Papertrey Ink Through the Trees
Paper: Mellow Moss, Bazzill white
          Bazzill white, soft suede
 Ink:  mellow moss, pretty in pink, regal rose, stazon black
        memento bamboo, soft suede
Extras: SU ribbon and border punch, polka dot embossing folder, silver pearls, clear embossing powder, pop up dots
            Martha Stewart border punch, clear embossing powder
         

7 comments:

  1. Hi there Lisa, Wow such dedication all that cutting and fitting, well worth it because your card's fabulous:0) Great case of Susan's card, doesn't she have some brilliant ideas!! Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa thanks so much for showing how you created that scalloped border around the circle!! I had trouble with that circle when working the sketch! Hugs, Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan's card was a stunner and yours is too with its tweaks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the SCS sketch card is gorgeous too! Thank you for your very clear instructions for the scalloped border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Lisa! I love the ribbon/bow and the scallop edging! And your cards inspired by Susan are perfect. You can't go wrong CASEing Susan, or for the rest of us CASEing you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning cards Lisa, love the border tutorial too....soo clever :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa