Monday, June 6, 2011

Less is More...Monochrome

I am having so much fun with these Less is More challenges...and although I found stamping in monochromatic colors a bit challenging this week, I found other ways to express the monochromatic theme:

 I stamped both cards' branches and sentiments with versamark and used white and black embossing powders(I used my little static bag over each card before stamping...is a must when using black powder on white card or white powder on black card...the powder only sticks to the image and not to the card:)!!).  I dotted the empty circles on the branches with Enamel Accents...black and white, and punched leaves with textured card stock and Martha Stewart rose leaf punch.  I scored the leaves and attached to branches.

 And then I used some punches in 3 shades of blue to make a couple more cards:

Both were made with Martha Stewart punches in Bashful Blue, Marina Mist and Not Quite Navy.  The first card used the double loops border punch with a 1" strip of paper.  I did a tutorial on the how to's in case you're interested.
Thanks, Mandi and Chrissie, for the wonderful challenges!!

Things I used:
Stamps: 1 and 2 Stem: DRS Designs, Verve Amazing Wishes (sentiment)   3: Papertrey Ink Men of Life   4: Stampendous Happy Messages
Paper: 1 and 2: Bazzill white and black   3 and 4: bazzill white, marina mist, bashful blue, not quite navy
Ink: 1 and 2: versamark    3 :Not Quite Navy    4:Marina mist
Extras: 1 and 2: white and black embossing powder, Martha Stewart rose leaf punch, white and black Enamel Accents,   3: Martha Stewart Double Loops punch, clear embossing powder  4: Martha Stewart Heart punch, scor buddy, clear embossing powder, pop up dots

28 comments:

  1. All of these cards are wonderful! I love the black and white and you did such a great job of embossing. I always get speckles even with the embossing buddy! The punch work cards are lovely with their shades of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lisa. These cards are fab! I particularly love the blue punched cards, just stunning!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all beautiful cards. Well done.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Lisa these are all stunning
    The white on black particularly so!
    Your stamping is perfection!
    Thank you so much for entering and your kind comments. We are so glad we started it too!
    Diva LIM mandi
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards love the effect the border punch has made on your card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow am so loving your first two cards, they are very professional. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant bunch of cards.. . i love them all.. I'm so glad you like our challenges!
    Thanks so much for joining us again.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. All fabulous cards, I love them
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello
    Fabulous cards all Three....gorgeous .....love them all
    hugs
    sylvie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, stunning cards, co clean and crisp looking. The black card with white is excellent but I also love the shades of blue Dad card,
    Very calssy style
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gosh, I couldn't choose a favourite, I just love them all. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. STUNNING! Can't choose a favourite although I am leaning towards black and white!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your black and white cards - stunning. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab set of cards - I THINK that I (slightly) prefer the black on white version - but all gr8

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lisa these are stunning, your black and white cards are simply so professional and I love how you've used the border punches to make the patterns. Thats a new technique to me...thank you :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are wonderful Lisa - love the black and white ones and then saw that amazing card using the border punch! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great work on all of them!!! Love the B & W one with the leaves scored so they stand out a bit. Fabulous set of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful designs - such amazing stamping and embossing. Love the dramatic B&W and also the wonderful shades of blue.
    Sarah at 162

    ReplyDelete
  19. What wonderful cards, love the perfectly satmped floral images, and the beutifully punched borders. Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!!!! Lisa... Well done!!! I love all of them. The white on black is especially eye catching and very elegant.

    I love your use of punches on the last two cards. I can never line the punch up to make it work like you did on the "Dad" card.

    Really fabulous entries.
    TFS
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  21. AnonymousJune 08, 2011

    W.O.W
    Fantastic cards! The embossed ones are superb! And the two with the punches are just brilliant! Very clever! :)
    Now to check out your tutorial! Tks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Lisa...FANTASTIC CARDS!!!SO ELEGANTS, i love all both, i love black and white, wonderful work, i love it Lisa, thank you for your tutorial.
    a hug from Palma de Mallorca

    ReplyDelete
  23. All of your cards are beautiful but my favorite is the first one. So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  24. fabulous cards, my favourite is the the black on white or is it the blue circles?
    Sue :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. All the cards are lovely - difficult to say which I like best.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lisa, I am totally WOWWED by your cards!! Absolutely awesome work...I really love that first one...so elegant! The punched work is awesome too! Great work this week!
    Susan@Keeping in Touch

    ReplyDelete
  27. These cards are absolutely gorgeous but the black and white ones are take your breath away stunning. Thank you so much for sharing.
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  28. love them all they are beautiful. With a preference for the first one. So elegant
    isa

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa