Thursday, May 10, 2012

Play Date Cafe Challenge 131

I have to say...when I saw the colors for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge ...I wasn't sure what to do with them...two shades of green, orange and black...but this came from that with very little thought(with the help of My Favorite Things Star Dies..just came in the mail two days ago:)!!)...here's my card and the colors:
     
Die cut the stars, and layered.  Used Grid Pattern background stamp from Hero Arts and sentiment from Paper Smooches.  I used the Stampin Up star punch on the black panel and then cut around each star a tiny bit on every side to be able to place the die cuts into the cut out with a little spare room.
 Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Perfectly done. I think you nailed the color story. Nailed it! Thanks for bringing such liveliness to The Play Date Cafe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the graphic layout...perfect use of the colours Lisa :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the color combo was difficult this week as well... but I loved the end result. Your card is great... the layered stars are so cute and the grid pattern anchors everything perfectly. Thanks for joining us this week in the Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those stars just POP - I'd love for you to link up with me at 52 Card Pickup this week!!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/05/52-card-pickup-week-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the stars cut into the background panel, that's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa