Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!!

Happy Mother's Day to all...hope you are having a wonderful day, whatever you are doing with this wonderful day:)!!  Just wanted to post a card really quick...in between my Carraba's meal and going to my favorite soft serve ice cream stand:):):)!!!...made this card for Clean and Simple Stamping  sketch challenge 189...although I didn't make a border around it...
Used a couple dies from Memory Box(Woodland Branch and Cherry Blossom), Papertrey Ink Woodgrain Impression plate and a sentiment from Hero Arts.  Papers are Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose and Michael's kraft, Bazzill white, too.  I tried and tried a number of things in the center of the blossom(liquid pearls, stick on pearls, rhinestones...lots of things) but nothing looked right.  I opted for some baker's twine that I threaded and put through the entire flower a couple times leaving both sets of pass throughs doubled and cut and frayed.  Liked it much better:)!!  Ok...gotta go...it's been a wonderful day hanging with my children!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

10 comments:

  1. Really cute! M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So elegant...love it Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love how the branch extends past the square.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card i love the flower Lisa looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very very very nice card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card, love that beautiful flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there such a thing as earthy elegant?! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have pinned MANY cards on Pinterest that have inspired me to create my own version...tweaking here and there and adding my own touch. But I couldn't find one thing that I would change when I pinned this card. It is so beautiful and simply elegant. I made a birthday card for a friend today using your card idea....I didn't change a thing. I have never completely CASE from a card before (yours is the first)...thank you for the inspiration and for sharing your lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa