Sunday, May 20, 2012

Less is More 68...BABY or Child

 I would like to thank Chrissie and Mandi for showCASing my yellow card from week 66's challenge...I am truly honored and humbled in the midst of so much talent...you ladies have made my week...congratulations to all the other showCASees...Less is More rocks!!!  Time and creativity have truly escaped me the last week...but when I saw the challenge this morning at Less is More with the theme of BABY or CHILD...I had an idea!  I thought of the Papertrey Ink animal dies and thought I would make a card with the giraffe...only thing is THEY ARE ALL ATTACHED!!  I don't know exactly why that seems to be the trend in dies(probably cost), but I am not a fan of all the images in a set of dies being attached to one another....well...here's what I made, then I'll show you what I did:)!!

I made a baby boy and girl card using papertrey ink dotted and graphed paper the sentiment from a Papertrey baby set Hanging Out.   I was able to use my big all purpose shears on this die  and cut it apart from the others(sometimes the dies are too close together, but this one worked:)!!)  I will warn you if you attempt this...it is NOT easy...but cut little by little, being patient and not worrying about bending the metal slightly(it bends back...just have to be careful)  it's not too bad and doesn't take too long.
Now that I have the giraffe cut off...the others will be pretty easy to get apart!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

29 comments:

  1. These both look amazing Lisa, I think your idea of separating the dies is brilliant!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I totally understand about the dies...I've cut several of mine apart...just for moments like this beautiful card you've made! LOVE how these turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are simply lovely baby card.
    I would not have thought of cutting these dies apart.
    Wonderful cards. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! Sometimes we have to work to get what we want, bravo! I love the cards. Sweet and precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love negative die cuts and you`ve used them beautifully. these are perfect! great cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pink and blue both are soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that was some dedicated cutting! Your patience really paid off - the finished cards are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh two fab cards Lisa, what cute images. Good idea separating the dies too, I agree much easier to use and more versatile :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are braver than me! I love the look you got, though. Your cards are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola Lisa, simply beautiful cards, great idea with your dies!, well done.
    A hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Lisa , I love the PP behind the aperture :0)
    Yes PTI are the worst offenders and it really makes me cross because it curtails our creativity having the dies all joined together....... I suppose it's cheaper to manufacture them that way!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh these are gorgeous and congrats on being show cased it was well deserved x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two terrific cards. Love the negative die cuts and your DP behind them is fab.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two fabulous cards, and a brilliant idea as well. I often cut stamps into pieces especially if there is a sentiment in a frame, will have to try this with the dies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. :)
    Giraffe is sweet. Both cards are beautiful. And very elegant, though of a child.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great idea! I love how you could customize your design for the recipient!

    And thanks for the tip in separating your dies! I got a Dremel to cut mine apart, but I'm a very timid handyman and it still scares me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the giraffe for your baby cards. I agree it would be better if the dies were seperate. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous cards so simply sweet :)x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your use of the negative space Lisa and thanks for your tip for separating dies.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cards are simply fabulous Lisa
    How ingenious to separate the dies
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  21. These cards are pure marvels!
    I never thought cutting a die!!
    I have already done this with stamps, but it's a good idea that I hold back!

    Daen'Ys

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really wish PTI still made this adorable die. Their "It's a Jungle Out There" die set isn't nearly as cute and childlike. The card is absolutely adorable. And thanks so much for giving me the courage to do what I've wanted to do.....cut my dies apart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lisa, you are a brave woman, and it paid off! I adore these cards! I adore them so much, I might get brave enough to cut some dies apart...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a simple beautiful card, Congratulations on being Showcased for this card on Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  25. AnonymousJune 07, 2012

    Congartualations! Really inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I e-mailed Kim at MFT and she said they don't do their dies as singles anymore because they were constantly getting complaints from people who would lose 1 piece and wanted to buy just that 1 piece out of a set. I found my dremel with a fine grinder cut through the dies really quick... much quicker than my (or even hubby's) tin snips (metal snips).

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa