Monday, May 21, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays...Punches or Dies

This week's challenge at CAS-ual Fridays is to use punches or dieson your clean and simple card...the challenge:
This week's sponsor is Lawn Fawn!
And Lawn Fawn is giving a wonderful prize of a $25 gift certificate to the winner of this week's challenge!!  Not only have they offered a wonderful prize to the winner of the challenge, but they gave all the Girl Fridays some of their products to have fun with!! Check out the CAS-ual Friday blog and Facebook to be inspired!! We Facebook Girl Fridays were given a selection of Lawn Fawn's latest papers from the Bright Side Collection with some wonderful hemp...
petite paper pack product image
Beautiful papers...full of color and flavor..so many colors and  patterns!!!  I was especially smitten with the rainbow of pretty colors in the selection, so my cards (I made a couple) will reflect those colors...I just kept seeing beautiful rainbows!!
The rainbow of chevrons  is made with Lawn Fawn papers...pretty...right?!!!  I used My Favorite Things chevron die with a W Plus 9 sun stamp and a sentiment from Papertrey Ink Up Up and Away Sentiments.  I stamped the sun in More Mustard and cut out and layered on chipboard...as I did the stripes...to give it all dimension.
 This card uses the Lawn Fawn papers and Lawn Fawn teal colored hemp.  I punched the flowers and dotted with matching rhinestones.  The stems are one stamp from Rubber Soul and the sentiment is Papertrey Ink Beautiful Butterflies.  I layered on black, tied hemp around panel a couple times(knotted in back and crossing in front) and popped up on card. This is the very same layout I used with last week's card...a versatile layout:)!!
Hope you can join in the fun with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays...I'm trying to "punch up" this week's challenge...it's to "die" for...oh I'm too funny:):)!!!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

16 comments:

  1. Designs are so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love them both!
    Wishing you a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are gorgeous Lisa, love them both.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - it is to die for :) Love all those gorgeous chevrons! Your card is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are colorfully creative and perfectly CAS Lisa! I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the chevron rainbow, the papers are just sound and whimsy for your card :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful ways you showed off that bright, sweet paper. Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabulous, Lisa :) Love the ric racs and cute sun and the flowers are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love a good rainbow - these are both adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards put a smile on my face! I especially love the rainbow colored flowers and simple tied cord on the second one. Super cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa, I am such a sucker for rainbows so I think both of these are great! You went an entirely different direction than I did - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE LOVE LOVE your rainbow cards:) Hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are so cheery! So glad to see you as part of the Girl Friday team!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love both of these, Lisa. Love the chevron stripes to make a rainbow and those punched flowers are super sweet. ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  15. so pretty!!! that's a great sentiment, the loopy font is so whimsical

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa