Sunday, May 6, 2012

Less is More 66...Yellow!!

The challenge at Less is More this week is to make a card using Yellow:)!!  I LOVE yellow...and  I chose BOLD yellows...I made 2 cards...the first one for the challenge...the other(s), well...just for the love of yellow!...
I was inspired by THIS beautiful card from Heather Telford...her work is amazing!  My card was made with a stamp from Inkadinkado(Meadow). I masked an area on the card and then I stamped the image once with versamark and then clear embossed.  I sponged with Apricot Appeal, So Saffron and then Daffodil Delight.  I then took the same stamp with So Saffron and stamped randomly while still masked and once off the sponged area unmasked. Added a scored line on either side with Martha Stewart scoreboard and  Hero Arts sentiment(Everyday Sayings).  Used my Papertrey Ink Linen/Canvas Impression plate for some texture.

This second one I made being inspired by JJ Bolton another amazing artist...she made not one, but two beautiful cards that can be found from THIS post...I loved them so much, I had to try my hand at making one myself...not nearly as lovely...but still fun!!   Hats off to you, JJ...This was not hard, but the placement of my flowers...I just couldn't seem to find the perfect arrangement...then there was the photographing....the flowers always looked a bit "off"...I liked the placement of my flowers better on my other one, but the pictures were wierd.  My card, I think was a bit easier than JJ's because my sentiment is all one word instead of separate letters.
I used a Sixxiz die(Phrases, Hello) and Papertrey Ink (Floral Frenzy) with Summer Sun ink and paper.  If you visit JJ's site,linked above,  she has detailed how to make this....what fun!!!  Wasn't sure about the layers and such for the LIM challenge, so I put the other card up first :):)!!  The card is 4" x 6 1/4".
I decided to put up the first one I made...you decide...
This one measures 5 1/4" x 4"...hmmm....I think the Hello shows better in the second one I made, but the first card in this post:)!! I think I need to try a third one for a yet different flower placement...you know what they say about third times???!!! What do you think?  
Thanks to Mandi and Chrissie for ShowCASing my butterfly card from 2 weeks ago...I am so very honored!!!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

28 comments:

  1. Heather is a great inspiration to me too Lisa!
    I love your first card... it's totally stunning, the inking and stamping is wonderful.
    Your other cards are cleverly constructed too. Super collection!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, they have such a bright, summery feel to them. We can dream of warm weather even if we don't get any.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those cards with the die cut and the stamping on them - they look so complicated, but I've been to the other site to see how they're done - definitely on my 'must try' list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on both cards. I may have to check into those dies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all beautiful Lisa! I love the hello dies ones...don't think you need a third try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three of your cards are just beautiful. I was admiring JJ's cards as well, but was not as brave as you were to attempt them myself. You had a good idea to try one with a single word. They both came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola Lisa, FANTASTIC CARDS!!!what beautiful work! i love all your cars, but the second is a very original creation, beautiful, thank you for link the tutorial, good job Lisa, as always :D
    A hug from the sunny island

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your first card is just gorgeous...and I really like the next two, but I think I like the spacing of the flowers in the first card best (or your second card that you made). I just thank that the last one looks a little crowded to me. It's a really cool technique and I think I might give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful cards, lisa!! the second one is just amazing... i saw jj's card and was in awe of it! now i'm in awe of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your first card is beautiful, but the Hello cards are SUPER. I thought I liked the first one best, but when I looked again, I found I liked them both.
    Thank you for the link, I hadn't seen that blog before.

    Marrigje

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely collection of cards. I love your stamping technique on your first card and the word cards are brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card. I also love the hello cards but of the two I think the first is by the best.IMO :)
    Regards Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your yellow cards! Wonderful techniques here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cool is that? I'm so glad that you tried it out! I think both of your versions turned out fantastic:) Using that single die cut word is a genius idea!

    Thanks so much for your kind words about my cards! The feeling is mutual:)

    Hope you have a great week Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous cards. I especially love the first one, but the last two are fantastic, also! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  16. These cards are delightful! I love the stamping techniques you used on both styles of cards. It really goes to show that the sky's the limit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're just ridiculously talented!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE both cards Lisa - especially all the little details like the scoring & texture in the first card :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. All these cards are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Lisa...I always say it but you've made three masterpieces here!! Love the beautiful embossing and inking on the first and that fabulous technique on the second is amazing...I must try it, your version is brilliant though :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  21. wonderful inspiration and so lovely cards

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lisa, these cards are absolutely gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such wonderful cards, they have beautiful sunny colors.
    The first one is my FAV because I like the structure of the blank card and the beautiful image.

    Daen'Ys

    ReplyDelete
  24. FANTASTIC cards as ever Lisa
    Love the daisy ones
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  25. Totally gorgeous! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I knew this was worthy of recogniition! Congrats on the showcase!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations on being showcased, your entry card is gorgeous (love the stamping) and so are the other 2 ! Shirley

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa