Saturday, May 26, 2012

Album Cover Inspiration for Father's Day

I just can't stay away from the old record album covers that I found on Project Thirty-Three!  They provide cool inspiration...this is my latest and then my card...
 I LOVED the geometric design...thought that it would make for a great Father's Day card...only thing in my house...my daughter gets bugged that guy cards always seem to be graphic...she thinks they should have more real things in them....so I made the black lines black ties:)!!  My circle is a bit darker, but it doesn't look quite that dark IRL.
Cut the large circle with Spellbinder's circle die, the ties are Memory Box and the smaller circles are 1/2" punches from Stampin Up circle punch.  The sentiment is Hero Arts(Celebrate Everyday CL498)...thought it  all looked fun...a bit different...but fun!!
My card measures 4" x 7 ".  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. COOL card! The ties for the black lines is a very clever idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe....love how you changed it up for a guys card! Love the geometric shapes for a Fun card :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even say how much I love this - I loved the original graphic design but using ties for the sticks was genius! And I love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is great, Lisa! I love that you used the ties for the black lines. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun is that! Great use of that album cover and like the black tie substitute too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun and cool, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever interpretation of the album cover. x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa