Friday, May 4, 2012

Less is More 65...A Sketch

Oh my...how life can get chaotic...I am down to the wire with one of my favorite challenges, Less is More !  This week the challenge is a sketch...here's the two sketches we are to choose from
                                           
Oh how I tried and tried to do something so different and unique...I especially tried to do an out-of-the-box...Chrissie and Mandi's inspirations were so lovely, but try as I might...nothing worked.  I was sifting through some stamps trying to find that "special something" when this little elephant by Verve fell out of the box...all by himself.  I decided to give him some love and came to find out, he was the perfect size for the square of this card...
I stamped the elephant twice on dotted Papertrey Ink paper and once on light gray(for the ears) and cut out the legs, arms, ears and head.  The head, I cut the trunk...here's a side view... 
The oval is from A Muse and I stamped it with versamark and cut out.  Placed the elepant a little off center...thought it looked cool that way.  The sentiment...I don't recall where it came from.  I used the Papertrey Ink Linen/Canvas Impression plate for added texture.  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

9 comments:

  1. LOVE this!! Oh my goodness your elephant is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! How stinkin' cute is that elephant! I love your card and the dimension you added to the elephant and background. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, Lisa! What a sweet baby card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely charming!! Love the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think you found that special something. this is unique, creative and so well designed. lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks like he needs some love!...how cute is he? Love the way you trimmed his trunk and off set him on the card :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I love the dimension you've added to that sweet little elephant, and the textured background adds the perfect something extra!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect pink and gray combo! And I love how you've turned up the hands and feet a bit! Such a small detail but it really adds a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute baby card. I love him paper pieced and 3d. x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa