Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Paper Pieced Ark of Animals

I decided to use the Noah's Ark stamp from Jane's Doodles and make the ark full of animals entirely paper pieced!!
OK...OK...I know....a bit crazy...but what fun and seeing as I am really NOT  a colorer...this was making the animals come to life with the use of scissor instead of a marker!  I stamped SECTIONS in the different colors...the roof twice with Cherrry Cobbler, the elephant twice with dark gray, the lion...light and dark yellow and used the brown from the monkey for the lion's nose...the giraffe the same colors as the lion and monkey...the ark was soft suede...not the same brown as the monkey...basically dark and light of gray, brown, yellow and blue with one red. I didn't have a die or punch for the waves, so used  the same blues as the bird, with the Papertrey Ink large scallop die using the remainder of the de-scalloped side of the paper when it is die cut(reverse, negative...not sure what you call it:)!!) The sentiment is the one that came with the stamp....fun...fun...fun!!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful and lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest card! Fabulous paper piecing. A great baby card. :) Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a colourer either - great job on this card! It's adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it and i will not hesitate to share it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love paper-piecing Noah's Ark! Your version turned out absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a wonderful card Lisa, it all works brilliantly.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is a fab card. Lots of patience needed for all the cutting out but well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ABsolutely fabulous Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure it takes time to make a card this detailed! Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, all that cutting! But oh so worth it. They really do come to life. This is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is sooo sweet! LOVE your card!
    Have a wonderful week-end, hugs Karin

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so adorable, Lisa! wonderful paper pieced image, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a crazy card, soo cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. If ever there was an image begging to be paper pieced, this is it! I love how it turned out! Absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, Lisa, Lisa. Girl, seriously, you rock this card stuff! I should leave a comment on each post, but I'm too lazy. I've scrolled down to what I've missed while I've been away and each card is as impressive as the one before, if not more so. You take my breath away.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa