Monday, October 3, 2016

Peace, Love and Joy

Ok...I know there are those of you who wouldn't consider watching a Christmas movie on October 2nd, but I love and would watch them anytime:)!!  ELF was on last night...saying I LOVE that movie is an understatement...and watching it inspired a Christmas  card last night...it brings me great JOY...
 I had purchased the Hero Arts Stamp and Cut sets last year AFTER Christmas(they were out-of-stock DURING)...the Joy set was calling me from my box of Christmas stamps/dies!!  I die cut 3 layers of the "JOY" from white cardstock, and then put 3 layers of versamark on the sentiment, and gold embossed 3 times for a thick layer of gold(2 layers was nice, but 3 layers made such a difference in the look of the sentiment...).  I decided, with the stamped sentiment I chose from the set, to exchange the dot on the "joy" for a heart...layered three times, as well.  I stamped the sentiments with versa mark, as well, gold embossed and colored the leaves with my Prismacolor markers. The layout is one that I chose from a card I made last month with a patterned paper that had gold divisions on it.  I chose textured dark red paper and a dark cream...maybe a sand color, for the middle.  Here's a close up...
Inspiration is everywhere...thanks ELF!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Your card is a lot classier than Elf :D I love the rich red, cream and gold combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Lisa! That JOY was worth all the extra effort you put into it because it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything about this card, Lisa - the color combination, the simplicity, the elegance - just beautiful! I'm with you on the Christmas movies, though didn't see Elf over the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Lisa, you have done an amazing job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear that there is another adult besides my husband and myself that loves the movie ELF!!! :) :) I'm not even sure that my husband really loves the movie, but just enjoys seeing me enjoy it! LOL!! But, we watch it pretty much whenever we see it being broadcast. And we did catch it just in time the other evening when it was on! Yay!

    Love your card, as always! I finally got the Hero Arts "merry" Stamp & Cut set recently but have not been able to snag the joy and the peace sets so far. Hopefully they will be around for a while longer so I can finally get them.


    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa