Thursday, October 13, 2016

Heartfelt Sympathy

Sympathy cards are so tough...I've read it's best to make them when you don't need them, but it's hard for me to make them even when I don't need them...just saying.  I made a sympathy card with some Papertrey Ink dies and a much beloved stamp from a Reverse Confetti set(this set is one of my favorite go to sets!!).

I layered the triangles three times and cut off the part of the triangles that were extended a bit(look at the pic of the link below to see what I mean).  I filled in flower and leaves of the die cut  and adhered them to the corners of the card, after stamping and embossing the sentiment.  Here's a close up...
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

16 comments:

  1. such a pretty card - don't remember that PTI die - must put it on my "need" list - it makes such a great CAS card. did u ever get that copper twine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Love that die, and I agree about Sympathy cards -- no time is a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Gasp-worthy. Certain to briefly lighten the heart of someone who is grieving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really gorgeous! I love the die-cut pieces you have added to the triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really gorgeous sympathy card. I think your idea of making them to keep in our card stash is a good idea, they are so hard to make at anytime but specially after a bereavement. Thank you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful sympathy card. Love the pink and green and gold. Simple but elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely sympathy card, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely card. I agree, always make these type of cards when not needed. But sometimes when they are needed it might be a soothing effect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunningly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sad to even make them without a present reason, isn't it? This card is simply lovely! I love the colors in the flowers and leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa, this is truly a stunning card! A wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I realize I am late coming to the party, but how did you fill in the pink flowers and green leaves. I have tried several things, but nothing looks quite like this beautiful one. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my...I realized I never put that info in this post! So sorry! I actually die cut the floral die with pink and green card stock (twice each) and like a puzzle, placed the pieces into each white layered flaps. Hope this makes sense and helps...let me know 😊...

      Delete
    2. Thank you! The only other thing is how did you get it to look shiny? or is that the lighting? It just doesn't look flat.

      Delete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa