Saturday, June 28, 2014

The Cutting Edge Challenge...#1!!


The day has finally come for our very first Cutting Edge Challenge – I'M SO EXCITED...I can’t wait for you all to play along, so let’s get to it, shall we?!
Okay, here’s the scoop...We're to be inspired by this AH-MAZING project created by Jackie Rockwell in some way, and include die-cutting (any and all forms accepted) in our design!  There’s so much about this project to be inspired by, right?!  I tend to interpret somewhat literally...here’s what I created:
 I chose my oldy but goody Spellbinders Sunflower die for my card...using a Simon Says Stamp die cut sentiment to put over my flower, and polka dotted paper underneath, like Jackie's.  I also tried to mimic Jackie's use of sentiments by putting "You are my" (a part of a Simon Says Stamp sentiment) above the flower.  I told you I'm literal... but I DID break the mold of my total literal interpretation,  and use a flower for my main image instead of a star:):)!!  

We’d love to have you play along with us! If you click on through to The Cutting Edge Challenge Blog, you’ll find lots of information, including:
  • The two winners of the $25 Avery Elle gift certificates are being announced;
  • Our first Guest Designer, Kay Miller, is sharing her amazing take on the challenge;
  • The first half of the The Cutting Edge Design Team is sharing their samples for the challenge, and they are pretty spectacular;
  • The rules and regulations of the Challenge are listed; and
  • The InLinkz link-up tool for you to link up YOUR project!

So, what are you waiting for?!  You can find everything you need to play along HERE.  We can’t wait to see what you create!!  
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous Lisa! Gorgeous take on Jackie's card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - this is amazing, Lisa! That sunflower die is beyond gorgeous!! I have a feeling this challenge is going to cost me a lot of money. LOL Thanks for playing, girlie! MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like this very much!
    Great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sunflower die is glorious - it looks great combined with the dotty background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous take on the inspiration photo! That sunflower is fabulous and the sentiment die in the middle is perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous - I totally love that flower! The background and sunshine word die are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa