Sunday, June 1, 2014

Penny Black Pinwheel Flower Used Two Ways!

I saw a card by Birgit (her cards are works of art!!) done with the Pinwheel flower die from Penny Black, and had to have this pretty flower...love it's pretty rounded petals!!  I made two cards, giving the flower die two different looks...
 The first one I die cut on watercolor paper...using some yellow ink and water to give the center some yellow, as my enamel dots were either too small or too big, so the ink gives it a broader look to fit the dot.  I had my Simon Says Stamp Clustered Leaves die out and die cut a textured piece of Tim Holtz paper for the leaves, adding a layer underneath it.  The sentiment is from Reverse Confetti, dotted with a yellow rhinestone...rounding one corner.

The second one, I thought to make a black-eyed susan.  I used regular card stock, but still painted the center...this time with brown ink, using a sharpie marker to give my brown enamel dot a bit darker color.  I used a couple leftover leaves from the Simon Leaves die from above, and used my Martha Stewart scoring board to give the leaves AND the flower's petals some definition!  The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp...the "i" in sunshine dotted with a small enamel dot:)!!    The striped paper is My Mind's Eye Chalk Studio.  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

5 comments:

  1. Adore the first one and what a wonderful way to use it against the stipes on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both of your flowers, but I really like how you used your scoreboard to mark the center of each petal on the second one. I have that leaf stencil & love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done - these are gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous Lisa, love the bold colour combos you use :0) Hope you are all keeping well xx

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa