Sunday, February 2, 2014

Less Is More...Happy Third Birthday with a Rainbow!

Happy 3rd birthday, Less is More!!  I LOVE Less is More...a clean and simple challenge I found at  week #14, in May 2011, just 2 months after starting my blog...this week's challenge...#157!! Although lately, I don't get there every week...it is still one of my FAVORITE challenges, EVAH!!  Chrissie, Mandi and now Jen, make this challenge blog fun, challenging and always encouraging:)!!  This week's challenge is to make a clean and simple card with rainbow colors.  So funny...I was making this card before I looked at the challenge, so cool when it works out that way...
 I was experimenting with the Simon Says Mosaic Heart Stencil, embossing paste, and some new craft paint I purchased at Walmart(never having bought craft paint...I was there for mailing envelopes and stumbled on the paint isle... it was 57¢...crazy cheap, and such fun colors!!).  I mixed the paint with my embossing paste on my craft knife like this...
And spread it on 1/2 the heart.  Then I did the same for the other 3 colors.  I used too much paste, so I  wasted some paste with this experiment, next time I would use a little less paste and paint:).  Mixing the paint WITH the paste is the only way to keep the color from seeping under the stencil...I tried a few other ways...trust me...this is the way to do it:)!!  Here's a close up...
The sentiment is from Paper Smooches.  Less is More...you color my world happy...thanks for the last 3 years of wonderful challenges...here's to lots more years to come:)!!!!  Hugs!!!!  Lisa


17 comments:

  1. Wow - just gorgeous and thanks for the tips with paint and paste. Haven't tried it yet but looks fabulous. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! Your card with the rainbowed heart looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card Lisa, you are one of my favourite card designers!
    You use rainbow colours SO well

    thank you
    Mandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. So bright and lovely, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO cool!! I love the look. Never heard of embossing paste...feeling a shopping trip coming on :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love seeing your work Lisa...you're one of our favourite contributors! Your work is always inspiring...I personally LOVE it!
    This card is wonderful, thanks for the tips on how you did it, I've been messing around with embossing paste recently too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe you have never bought craft paint. I have a barrel full. I mixed some with my paste and love the look. Your rainbow came out beautifully, especially since you smeared three colors on at once. Brave to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I haven't ventured to using embossing paste yet, but I love the look. I have a drawer full of paint that I could use, and you've pushed me a little further towards making the leap to a new technique, Lisa, with this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow those colours are just brilliant. I have ordered that heart stencil I so want to try this it looks just perfect. Fantastic card

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks awesome! Love the rainbow colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun, bright and cheerful card. I see lots of people are experimenting with stencils these days. I like the colored paste look the best and your colors really POP!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These SSS inks and cs are absolutely gorgeous! LOVE the colors!
    I just recently found your blog. I love your style. I've added you to my Bloglovin' feed, so that I can always check out your beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning card Lisa, so striking. Thanks for the heads up over the technique, may have a go myself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your work and this card is beautiful! I have a question if you don't mind. I've been using spackling paste instead of embossing paste and it dries to a dull finish. Your heart looks like it has a shiny finish. Is that because of the craft paint that you used or does it always dry shiny? I really like that look. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Lisa. This is sooooo cool.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This so SO COOL!!!!!!! I've had and embossing paste jar for a lint time now, I've never been brave enough to use it. Now that I see this I have to!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa