Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tall Flowers Minus the Tall

I pulled my Hero Arts Tall Flowers stamp out of my stamp box...love this stamp!!  I had made a couple cards with it last year...when I spied in my box of stamps, I had to pull it out, having thought of another slightly different way to make a card with it...
I inked as little of the stems as possible twice on a card-sized piece of kraft paper, with versa mark and white embossed.  Here's a pic I took to show you what I did (you can click on it to see closer)...
I cut around all the flowers...stem sides, cutting all the stems off...trimmed the sides, top and bottom with my paper cutter...and colored the flowers with my Prismacolor Pencils.  Added rhinestones to all the solid white flowers, and popped up on the kraft card.

  Thought I'd show you the other two cards...
 Had totally forgotten about the white one until I searched my blog to find the kraft one.  I really like the cut around flowers more than the cut off flowers on the white card.  The sentiment I used on today's card is from a Hero Arts sentiment set, the 3 lined sentiment was cut apart to make one long lined sentiment.  And yes...I DO LOVE the pinks, purples and teals:):)!!  FUN...FUN...FUN!!!  
Hope your week is amazing:)!! Hugs!! Lisa

10 comments:

  1. All beautiful cards! Love how you designed the first card by cutting below the top part and above the lower part. You're always thinking outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing the different ways you used the tall flowers stamps. All are so pretty! Love your coloring too -- you're the one that got me interested in Prismacolor Pencils!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I can't believe how bright and solid those flowers look being colored with pencils - do you teach a class (or have a video)? I love how you cut around the flowers so the sentiment is on the bottom between the flower layers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card - I love your cutting around the flowers! You've made some lovely cards with that stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards really caught my eye ... love the white embossed blossoms on the kraft cardstock. The blossom colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous Lisa...love all the fabulous color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, how darling. I just love them all, that stamp is awesome. Hope I can still find it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to use the tall flowers making them not so tall. It really opens up some new possibilities for that stamp. Great job on all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. White embossing on kraft! Why, why do I not do that more often? Stunning cards ... as always. Hugs, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! Your cards are gorgeous! Specially the last one. I must try it out!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa