Saturday, February 15, 2014

Flowers with a Touch of Gold and a "Sneak Peek"

I made a card inspired by some gift bags at Target...Flowers with gold accents in their leaves and centers...
I stamped the flowers with Simon Says Stamp Sea Glass and Stampin Up Peach Parfait(a retired color).  I heated the stamped flowers to dry then used my embossing bag over them to remove any static before versamarking all the leaves and centers and covering them with gold embossing powder.  I heated them all at the same time...so cool to see the magic all at once:)!!  Added a layered, die cut, 3time gold embossed "hello" ...also from Simon...whew.  I was told by my daughter at Christmas that GOLD was a big thing...and although I have seen it around, thought this was my perfect lead in to it:)...Target Inspiration (I LOVE that store!!).  
AND...as I told you in my Ink and Paper Giveaway post (you can enter until the 19th),  Simon Says Stamp will be revealing their Spring Release next Wednesday, the 21st!!  I have been given a peek of one thing from that release to show you...I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO SEE IT ALL....HOW 'BOUT YOU??!!!  Until then, a peek will have to do...
 Hope you have a fantastic weekend!! Hugs!! Lisa

13 comments:

  1. Lisa this is THE MOST BEAUTIFUL card!
    I can't think of the right words to describe it. WOW!
    The gold just make it so special!
    Thanks for always inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is stunning! I never would have thought to combine gold embossing and dye ink that way but it's so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous! Love everything about it - that gold embossing just takes it to the highest level! Oh my. Pinned it to my board!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The effect of the gold looks amazing Lisa, and the embossed hello looks awesome, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a difference the gold makes. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy card, love the gold on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous color combination! What is the color of the card base you used? It appears to be a pale blue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The color of the card base is Papertrey white...it may "look" a little blue due to the time of day I photographed...hard to get it just right, sometimes...thanks for asking, Kris:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous! The colors match so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card! I just LOVE the look of the gold!!! So, so pretty. You're work is amazing! Thank you for all you're ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty and that gold really shimmers.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa