Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Heart Wreathes

I made a couple cards using the Heart Wreath by Simon Says Stamp.  I had them ready to post as A2 cards, but opted to chop them to 5 x 5...and although I know how it is here in the states with square cards, envelopes and postage, I had to go square:)!!   I DID make envelopes for each of them with a color coordinated thin piece of card stock/paper and my Envelope Punch Board(LOVE this tool:)!!)...
The pink version(LOVE pink and brown together)...
The cool thing about this die is that it comes with two separate dies besides the wreath...one with leaves, the other with hearts...a bunch on each die.  A few runs through your die cutting machine, and you have enough leaves and hearts to fill the wreath.  The only other MUST HAVE is a tool to pick up the little pieces and put them in place on the wreath...my QUICKSTIK!!  Without it, I had to dot each piece with glue and place each piece on one at a time.  The Quickstik allowed me to dot 7-8 pieces with glue each time, and then quickly place the leaves/hearts onto the wreath...a real time saver and makes things so much easier, too...no little pieces to fiddle with in my sticky fingers(usually covered with glue and everything they come into contact with!!).  I used a Papertrey Ink impression plate on both(Simple Lines...no longer available:(!!)...the same plate...different sides.

The red version...simpler yet, as I kept the leaves black to make the red pop...
The sentiment on this one is from a Hero Arts set.  Hope your week is going great!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

8 comments:

  1. These are beautiful and Pink and brown is one of my fav colour combos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous - love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful die, great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always look forward to seeing your beautiful creations pop up in my inbox. Everytime I say, "Oh that's my favorite" and then the next day I say it again and it just continues. I just love them, absolutely love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are fabulous, but I'm partial to the pink and brown one. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE these Lisa - the red one is my favourite xxx I just got a Quickstix and the first thing that I thought was "HOW on EARTH have I been managing without one of these in my life???" It's amazing - can imagine how fiddly these cards would have been without one - lordy!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa