Friday, April 29, 2011

Three of a Kind

I made the following cards for One Layer Wednesday challenge 51.  The challenge this week is to make 3 one layer cards using the same image on 3 separate cards, 3 different ways.


I used a stamp from Papertrey Ink and sentiments from Hero Arts.  The first one's stems are stamped in black , the flowers with red , adding black shimmery stick on dots to the flower's centers and ribbon.  The second is stamped with brown stems and versamark for the flowers then embossed in white, the sentiment in brown and blue shimmery stick on dots and ribbon.  The stems on the third are stamped with old olive, and the flowers with yellow the sentiment in brown and brown shimmery stick on dots and ribbon.  I was going to stamp the middles into the flowers, but these dots fit PERFECTLY and made me feel happy(I'm all about the happy!!)...and when I finished...I thought that a ribbon at the top was needed...the flowers and sentiment looked a little lonely.  I know that we are supposed to keep embellishments to a minimum, but they are one layer, and in the end...being that I"m all about the happy...I'm happy.
What  a fun challenge, and quick and simple...and now I've got 3 new cards instead of 1...thanks, Jennifer:)!!

Things I used:
 Stamps: Papertrey Ink Women of Life, Hero Arts: Friends, Birthday Messages, Everyday Sayings
 Paper: Papertrey Ink White, kraft
 Ink: stazon black, early espresso, old olive, daffodil delight, poppy parade, versamark
Extras: shimmery stick on dots(Mike's), gingham and satin ribbons, white and clear embossing powders
 Thanks for looking, hope you have a glorious day!!

12 comments:

  1. These are so fresh and fun...great job on this challenge :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lisa, each one is beautiful in it's own right! I love those happy little flowers and I think the ribbon is perfect. I have ribbon on mine too. Hope to get it posted this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards. I love the ribbon especially the gingham.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh Lisa, I'm with you on that one, It's all about the Happy:0)
    I love how you've created these cards, magic each one :0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your gorgeous cards! Great job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love this flower stamp - so bold! And it looks so different in each card - you really nailed this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are sweetest little cards Lisa. Love them, what fun are CAS cards. Beautifuly work. :)Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, it's amazing how just changing the color of the flowers give such a different feel to the cards... I love each and every one of them. And...they make me happy too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are delightful, Lisa! I love how you varied not only the colors on these cards, but the sentiments, too. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow these are fab, love the colourways you've used especially on the kraft coloured card.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, gorgeous and more gorgeous!

    The colours and ribbon are just scrumptious!

    I have to pull this set out and make something with it!

    Fab job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW51.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa