Saturday, April 2, 2011

IC278

I made a card for SCS Inspiration Challenge late last night.  I haven't played an inspiration challenge for a LONG time...Saturdays are a date day for my me and my hubby, so card making takes a back seat on Saturdays.  The inspiration site was Outer Banks Trading Group  and my inspiration piece was this lamp:

Glass Pebblestone Lamp
I loved the geometric look and the see through glass...thought this piece was so cool...and this is what I made:
I just had a thought to make a card with the same look...kind of.  I punched 3 different sized squares in pink paper and made the silver frames with the same punches and one larger nestie, positioned and punched the pink squares that were then attached to the white panel. I sponged a piece of vellum with baja breeze and attached it to the back of the white panel.  I popped up the panel and added the sentiment.  The sentiment actually is a  mistake...I put a sentiment on the panel in baja breeze, but it was too light, so the "hi!" is a cover up...but looks much better than the first, although I would have loved it to be flush.  I wanted the see-through look of the inspiration, so I've shown two other pictures that show the card with light shining...ok, this is a different card...but then...so am I...LOL!!
     
 I have so much to learn about this blogging...here's one showing the sun(a rare occurence here, lately:)!)
Things I used:
Stamps: Stampendous
Paper:  bazzill white, vellum, silver
Ink:  baja breeze, versamark
Extras:  sponge, 3/4", 1", 1 1/4" square punches, square nestie, pop up dots, silver embossing powder
Thanks for looking, hope you have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. What a great inspiration card! I love the see through squares and I think I like the "hi" popped up! Kind of gives the card the dimension of a lampshade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This looks so much like the lamp! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is such a great interpretation of your inspiration piece! Just beautiful.
    p.s. I'm glad you mentioned your blog. I look forward to following it. Keep inspiring all of us.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa