Thursday, April 7, 2011

FS217

On SCS, Irene(DandI93) is the featured stamper of the week.  Irene has an amazing gallery, and I chose to case this  beautiful card:

I chose the same flowers, and layered on a piece of colored card stock, but wound up changing almost everything else:

I embossed the white paper, traced the oval and cut it out.   I suppose you could use a nestie to cut the hole, as well, but I embossed first, so I hand cut the oval:)!!  I used an oval nestie and a scalloped one a couple sizes bigger for the frame.  Stamped the flower and stems using a stamp a ma jig for positioning and used it for the sentiment, as well. I like the textured look of Bazzill paper, so I used the back side of a piece of bazzill white for the flowers, so the whites matched.  Attached the white panel of flowers directly to the blushing bride card, and popped up the embossed and framed piece.  
Thanks for looking...hope you have a fantastic day!!
Things I used:
Stamps: Stampin Up Close as a Memory and Warmest Regards
Paper: Bazzill white, blushing bride
Ink:  blushing bride, old olive
Extras: Petite oval and scalloped oval nesties, stamp a ma jig, SU embossing folder, pop up dots

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful CASE of Irene's card, Lisa! A perfect sympathy card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, this is so soft and feminine and a wonderful tribute to Irene! I love that scallop frame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your blog. So many lovely cards with great techniques. So very pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! Is your oval a petite nestie or a classic nestie oval? I can't tell yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi J... I used a petite oval for the frame:)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa