Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Loving Teal...Clean and Simple!

I made this card for Clean and Simple's challenge, sketch 137 found below, or HERE 



 I had to try a whole bunch of things before I settled on these vines and flowers...and colors.  I know that I made a card a couple weeks ago with teal...what can I say, I am DRAWN to the color.  When I was choosing markers to color the flowers, I thought red, pink, but no, the teal was what made me happy.  I had tried other vines and other flowers, and although I think these flowers are a little small,  other ones I tried were a bit too overwhelming and overpowering, and these little guys fit just right, so that's it:)!!  I dotted the spots on the vines with the same little dots I used in the center of the flowers:


Because the base is one layer, I opted to put the piece of ribbon I had decided to use THROUGH the card rather than AROUND it.  Karen Dunbrook on Splitcoaststampers had made the coolest card using a tool that you hit with a hammer to make ribbon slots...well I got one, and used it for my card.  I  want to be able to show you the tools and things I use, just in case you'd be interested, like I was!!  Just don't use this if there's someone trying to sleep close by...it's hitting metal on metal and it's kind of noisy, but works like a charm:)!!!  I got mine at Create for Less(hammer sold separately:)!!)...here it is:

Things I used:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Beyond Basic Borders and Beautiful Blooms II, Hero Arts Thinking of You
Paper: Gina K white, black, taken with teal
Ink: stazon black, mark it markers
extras: polka dot embossing folder, gingham ribbon, black stick on dots, pop up dots, Making Memories ribbon slot punch
 Thanks for looking, hope you have a great day:)!!!

1 comment:

  1. What an absolutely sweet card, Lisa! I love your take on the sketch, and the teal looks lovely with the black and white. Great ribbon treatment--what a cool way to do it!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa