Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Casing Silke Ledlow








I made a card for Case Study Challenge 35, found HERE .The guest muse is Silke Ledlow and the card we were to case was this one:
                                                
Inspirations, ARE a challenge for me, as I guess I tend to see them and want to case them literally as I view them, instead of inspirationally...does that make sense?  Immediately, I was scouring my brain and stamp room to find hanging fruit!! But, had none...well a pear...but it wasn't red and was WAY too much work to make look right. As I was looking through my stamps, though(after spotting the pear), I found my PSX stamp that I purchased on ebay last year(I have always LOVED it:)!!)...and thought, big, red, gray(silver), green...THIS IS IT!!...so this is what I made:
I already had a few stamped images, so all I had to do was color and cut.  I used Prismacolor pencils and baby oil, two each color of red, green and silver/gray...I don't color often, but I must admit, it can be fun and very relaxing:)!!
I had a piece of gray designer paper, and red SU textured cardstock and added piercing to the top and bottom.  I used a sentiment from Verve and added ribbon and top of brad to bow.  Popped up both panels.  I thought to "add" more, but opted to keep it somewhat simple.
Things I used:
Stamps: PSX tulips, Verve
Paper: Textured real red, dp, PTI white
Ink: stazon black
Extras: Prismacolor Pencils, piercing tool,  ribbon, brad, pop up dots, black stick on dots

Thanks for looking, hope you have a wonderful day:)!!                                                                  

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card. I saw it on SCS and then saw your blog noted. Truly, your card is awesome and colored wonderfully. I've tried to track down this image before, but haven't had any luck. You don't by chance remember where it came from?? Again, gorgeous use of your prismas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first thing that attracted me to this card is the color combo! Go Bucks!! Then I actually looked at the layout and details. This is beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, I sent you a link to somewhere you can find the stamp on your email...:) Hope it helps:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. STRIKING!!! You can never go wrong with a PSX stamp, so sad they're closed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy smokes this is rockin', Lisa! Those tulips are absolutely dreamy! You've colored them marvelously and I can see that you were truly inspired by Silke's design! A lovely representation and so very wonderfully dramatic in all its vibrant glory! Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! yes beautiful card! I know what you mean about changing cards, I find it so difficult to case other peoples cards. You've done a brilliant job and I love your interpretation, great colouring:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is absolutely amazing Lisa, from the gorgeous colour combo to the beautifully coloured tulips!
    Thanks for joining in the fun at CASE study! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too have a hard time thinking outside the box when "inspired" by another design. I am very type A and want to recreate exactly what I see! : ) I love your card though! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa