Monday, November 13, 2017

Merry Christmas Bouquet

I made a bouquet of red flowers amongst a green backdrop,  for this Christmas card...
I stamped, die cut, layered twice, then color the flowers.  I stamped them die cut the leaves, colored, then cut strips of green cardstock to make the stems, and attached the leaves to the stems to the flowers.  I stamped the banner with my MISTI and some black ink, so I coul make sure it was really dark, so I stamped it a couple/few times, then die cut.  I used the magic embossing bag, then stamped the "Merry Christmas" with versamark and white embossed. I swiped green ink on some white cardstock to make the background panel green, wanted to keep the colors really similiar.  You'll notice that the green is a bit uneven in spots...perfect swiping is not me:)!!   I DID dot random dots in the centers of the flowers with some green enamel accents.  Here's a close up...
I know, not the traditional kind of Christmas card, but who doesn't love a bouquet of flowers...even for Christmas?!  I LOVE flowers anytime!!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! And a grand idea of flowers for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Lisa. You solved one of my design dilemnas. I put together a few panels with die cut flower bouquets and just didn't like them. The balance or something wasn't right. It's the placement of the leaves! Your placement of them is perfect. Now I know what to do with the panels that are collecting dust. Thanks for all of the inspiration you always provide.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa