Sunday, November 5, 2017

Falala...Making Spirits Bright!

The Simon Says Stamp FA LA LA stamp and die set is FUN!!  I had layered a die cut FA LA LA of black and had it sitting on my desk, when I saw one of the sentiments from the stamp set and had an idea...
I had purchased a $1.99 Christmas necklace a couple years ago ( it was at a Hallmark store, but could try Dollar Tree??), that was simply Christmas lights on a string. I cut a small part of the necklace off, five bulbs, and attached to the die cut sentiment, then adhered each of the lights to the card with a tiny glue dot, shaping the lights to the shape of the sentiment.  I added the stamped sentiment that inspired the card underneath, and done... here's a close up...
This die is FUN!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa
*****EDIT*****
One of my amazing readers, Kirsten sent me an email letting me know that she had found some lights on a string, so I am going to pass her info on to you, just in case you were looking for lights on a string!!  :

I wanted to let you know I accidentally found a tiny string of Christmas lights embellishment. I just happened to be looking through the paper crafting sale category online at Joann Fabric and Craft,, and there they were!  Jolee's By You  has a 3-D embellishment that is a string of mini Christmas lights.  It's called Holiday Lights. It doesn't say how long of a string it is in the description, but it looks like a decent length in the photo. The price is about $3.00 on sale; kinda pricey. Michael's carries it and so does Hobby Lobby (I don't know if you have them where you live). For some reason, the item does not come up in a search on Joann's website, but if you google Jolee's By You-Holiday Lights, Joann's will be one of the items that pops up and you can click the link to them. I think it's an online only item. Just thought I'd share the info in case other blog readers are interested.

Thanks so much Kirsten!!  You've done some great investigating and uncovered some great finds!!  Hugs!!  Lisa

10 comments:

  1. Adorable! And a necklace, no less!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!
    Can you tell us what type of glue you used to adhere the necklace to the card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little glue dots, the adhesive dots on the glossy paper roll, the smallest ones...behind the sentiment as well as rolled under each light bulb😊

      Delete
  3. Lisa, this is so fun - love it! Great idea to use the necklace :) Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card, Lisa. I'm going to be on the lookout for a Christmas lights necklace to add to my stash. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I am going to have to be on the look out for the necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These little lights are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool..!! This is really lovely.. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa