Saturday, December 13, 2014

Surely Stitched Heart Two Ways

 My sister's departure on Wednesday left my craft room more torn apart than I had thought and it took the last few days to straighten, arrange, and literally FIND all my essential card making supplies...YIKES!!  I will say, though, I accomplished things in my craft room that I have NEEDED to get done for a while, and wouldn't have done, had my room not been taken apart...labeling all my ink pads, putting ALL my MANY, MANY dies into labeled CD cases, cleaning out drawers and ORGANIZING EVERYTHING...it's all been very good!!
I know I am a day late to the party, but Simon Says Stamp had a wonderful Valentine's Day release yesterday, Better Together and I have a couple cards to share with you today using one of their amazing new dies!! I used the Surely Stitched Heart die and used it two different ways...
This die is SO versatile, it has a wonderful stitched heart with connected lines that could be used the long OR short way on a card...I chose the long way.  I layered the heart with lines 3 times, filled it with a patterned paper and added black paper from the centers of the lines to the base of the card.  I added a layered, glossy accented "love you" on the inside...

 For the second card, I decided to use the stitched heart solo (I LOVE this stitched heart!!), so... I cut off the lines, layered and added a red vellum, heart embossed center. I took a darker red marker and colored the embossed hearts, adding an additional pop of red color.   I popped up on card, using a new Simon Stitched square die as a frame for my heart.  The sentiment is from an older Simon set called Just a Love Note...
Hope you all have a fantastic weekend...with less than 2 weeks to Christmas, hope you find some time to relax:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

5 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful. I love the red and black color combination and the new dies are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i absolutely love how you put the I love you die cut words on the inside Lisa. Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you might have convinced me to purchase that hear die! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the new heart dies. Love how you used it with the black. Lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! Love the red, black and white card!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa