Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Rainbow Thanks

Ok...have to say...Christmas got away from me this year!  It's one week from Christmas and I made no Christmas tags, no pumpkin rolls (my holiday staple), no lights on the outside of my house (candles in the windows will have to do), no decorations to speak of on the inside of my house, besides my tree, which FELL DOWN yesterday afternoon (a few broken ornaments...thankful not a whole lot more!!), and remains in it's stand BARE!  I know, sad, right?!!  My husband asked me last night what I was going to do with the tree...I said, "Too soon!"   He suggested some tinsel and a disco ball shining on the tree...hmm...sounds GREAT to me:)!!!  I think with my kids being in town for several days after Thanksgiving, which being the 27th was already less than a month from Christmas, and then my sister's arrival 3 days later...we turned the whole house upside down and inside out for a week...there has not been a lot of "festive making" time!  I am loving watching Christmas movies, but the "doing" part of this season has escaped me.  All that said, I have moved on from Christmas cards  and have a Thank You card made with a fun (the font and design make me happy!!) die from Poppy Stamps to share with you today...
Cut 5/8" strips of paper in the five colors, adhered them to copy paper, and die cut.  Layered the die cut with 3 layers of white, adhered to an embossed stitched card.  Added enamel dots!  Hope YOUR Christmas preparations are going better than mine, but bottom line...I WILL have joy, no matter how my house looks or doesn't look, or what gets done or doesn't get done...it's all about celebrating the birth of our Lord and being able to spend time with family...THAT makes this season sweet!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

14 comments:

  1. STUNNING card! It just shows that all you need is white with a little pop of colour! I hear you on Christmas prep - some years it just seems like too much! Give yourself a break and just enjoy the real meaning! Merry Christmas, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! Perfect with the rainbow color matching in the "Thank" and the "You"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Clean and simple and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. May the Christmas feeling arrive soon at your front door Lisa!
    As always, another inspirational card.
    Thanks so much!
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this bright and happy card Lisa. Thanks for the inspiration - I'm going to try this with a few of my word dies:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bright and happy thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely - your post was a great way to start my day. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cynthia...have SO many favorites...LOVE Miracle on 34th Street (old AND new)...Elf...have loved watching the Hallmark Christmas movies this year...wonderful, meaningful messages in some of them!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colorful and happy card! Love the colors. You're house sounds like mine. Alot going on right now with a medical issue with my hubby so decorating hasn't been on the top of my list. Going to be celebrating the Reason for the Season! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the different colors you used. Looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this. Those stitiched rectangles are high on my wish list. I hope Santa saw that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your rainbow thank you Lisa. Sadly, I can relate. My Christmas tree is up and bare too. I keep getting sick. darnit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just love this card....clean and bright and simple. How did you make the dots?

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa