Wednesday, December 10, 2014

An Embossed Happy Birthday

My sister, Rebecca. left this morning...she had been visiting the last week...so I had been without my craft room (she not only stayed in it while here, but PAINTED it while she was here...among 100 OTHER things she did for me while she was here,   I love her so much, she is SO AMAZING!!).  I had made this card before her arrival:
 I used a Simon Says Stamp stencil, some craft paint and translucent embossing paste to make the rectangular popped up panels.  Here's a pic of the 4 pack stencils (perfect for making presents!)..
 I mixed the paint and paste, swept across the stencil with palette knife, let dry and then trimmed the rectangles by cutting with scissors.  I stamped the sentiment (Hero Arts...retired set) on the card and popped up all four colored panels on the card.  The top and bottom panels were cut short to fit the A2 sized card. I got the circles to "match" up by flipping the stencil and sweeping the embossing paste/paint on the opposite sides with every other color (a total accident, but COOL accident!).   I added enamel dots on each of the colored panels...
I'll be back to my room to start creating again, hopefully tomorrow:):)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. This is very eye-catching, Lisa. Great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, love that card. Wow, you have the most wonderful sister. Painting walls is tedious and not as fun as painting on a card. LOL. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours, I love the enamel dots scattered in there, Lisa! What a blessing to have such a loving sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your painted paste colors are so pretty! Those enamel dots are perfect in the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy that you have such an amazing sister....I sure wish I had one, especially one that is so kind and loving! You are blessed!

    PS: Love Love Love this card...fun and happy colors.... = Happy smiles~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love, love love all the colours on this one Lisa. Just perfect.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa