Saturday, December 27, 2014

Danish Hearts

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!  I am still blessed to have my daughter and son-in-law with us from Nashville, so my craft room is "occupado", but I made a couple cards just before they got here that I can show you:)!  The new Danish Hearts dies from Simon Says Stamp make for some pretty checkered patterned hearts (never heard of OR saw these hearts before this die, but LOVE them:)!!)...
I used two shades of pink to make the first card.  What is so cool about this die is that it cuts the paper into the strips to make these really cool hearts!  I used textured paper for the hearts and popped them all up on a textured card...

The second one, I cut strips of paper, adhered them to a piece of copy paper and die cut the danish heart pieces to give THIS Danish heart a very different look than most Danish hearts (you know me and rainbows!!)...
I textured the heart by running the whole heart through my die cutter with an impression plate.  I used white embossing paste and gave the card a background of hearts using a new Simon Says Stamp stencil, and used the same sentiment as the first card, breaking it into two sections by masking and stamping in between the embossing pasted hearts...
I will be back with more cards before the New Year, and to show you what I got for Christmas....but for the next few days, going to enjoy having my kids with me:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

15 comments:

  1. Wow, those are gorgeous! I had no idea these dies were so cool. I love the rainbow heart :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the first card with the 3 hearts :o)
    In Denmark we cut the pieces in double layer and plead the pieces together so the heart becomes a little pocket/basket. It is hung on the Christmas tree and filled with sweets.
    Merry Christmas from Denmark :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made many designs out of shiny ribbon for my Danish tree in my bedroom. So pretty and of course Danish flags! I really want this die so I can make pretty cards. Guess what? My mother almost named me Pia but settled on Lis. My last name is now Green. Pia Green certainly wouldn't have worked, ha ha.

      Delete
  3. Living in Racine, we know all about Danish everything! One of the most "Danish" cities in the US. Just google "O&H Danish Bakery..." I've got a couple of these made by the kids years and years ago hanging on my Christmas tree, and love this design. I can see I've got to stop over at SSS in a few minutes, lol! Your cards are lovely, and I'm really enamored with the brightly colored one especially. Happy 2015! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember making these hearts in elementary school. Or was it my kids who made them? Either way, yours are more evenly cut and make beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Fabulous! Love the rainbow danish heart, it's so much gorgous!!1 Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are dies? Wow. Love the multi colored heart. Awesome Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa - love your cards and just ordered this die from SSS. Had to have it!! I really like the multi colored one. Have a great new year! Can't wait to see what you create in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards. The die is just great to make these hearts. I love you're 2 tone pink hearts. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hearts are beautiful! I love the one with the different colors, and the sentiment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for taking the time to share. I recognize this now as a template I saved, but couldn't remember how to use it! :o) I love the variety of ways you made up the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very nice I live in senior housing, and plan a lot of the activities. We will be making these this year. Thanks for the instructions

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is there anyways to get just the Danish Heart set? I LOVE LOVE them and these remind me of my Norwegian heritage; my mom's Christmas tree has these on them..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw the Danish heart die and now I find it isn't being made, darn it. I can make my own but it just takes time to do many for cards. Pretty cards here.

      Delete
  13. Hey Lisa :) If you ever want to sell the dies, please let me know. I've been after them FOREVER :-) Kind regards, Sanne (Denmark)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa