Monday, June 4, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays 55...Bling It!!




This week's challenge at CAS-ual Fridays is to make a clean and simple card using bling, gemstones, glitter...anything that makes your card sparkle!! The winner of this week's challenge will also be a guest designer in July!!




http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/servlet/StThe sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp!!  SO...if you win, not only will you win a guest designer spot, but a $25 shopping spree to this fantastic store...their selection of stamps, inks, dies...you name it... is VAST!!!  Check them out..a HUGE online store!!
Hope you will join in the fun!!!


Here's what I made "putting a bling on"...
I am LOVING to bling up cards...if you look at one of my favorite card companies  Papyrus  (Ive chosen just one page of their cool cards to look at if you have a chance..at least 1/2 or more on this page are BLINGED up!!!), they are FULL of bling!!  Bling is Big...so the only challenge to this challenge for me was deciding WHAT to bling:)!! I chose a fish stamp from Unity(Fishy Philosophy) and a sentiment from Hero Arts(Oceans of Joy).  I stamped the main fish in versamark, embossed with silver and cut out . I then colored his side and tail fins with a silver pen (PenTouch).  I filled in his body with yellow and orange rhinestones, a black stick on dot for his eye.  I then stamped the other fish in light gray added the masked pieced sentiment and added the popped up fish with 3 teal colored rhinestones for water/air bubbles.   It's all layered on a gray bazzill card.  I sent this to my beautiful daughter Hannah, for her birthday...she LOVES goldfish...love you, honey!!!...bling is such fun!!  Hope you will check out the wonderful inspiration from the CAS-ual Fridays blog as well as the CAS-ual Fridays Facebook team(I'm there, too:)!!!) and play along with all of us this week:)!!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

19 comments:

  1. It looks great Lisa!
    Wishing you a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore this card!! Way to rock the bling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Lisa! This is so adorable! Love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding!!!! Love love this, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, that is striking! What a great idea and I love how the tail flows too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfection. Love, love, love your blinged out goldfish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea!! I love the blinged fish particularly how you have kept it on the simple gray background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is SO cool!! I just love that blinged out fish and all the fabulous white space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, wow, WOW! Great card, fantabulous use of bling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing! Love that sparkly fish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bejewelled fish is amazing, what a fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That fishy sure is blingy! Love what you did!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. GREAT card ~ your "blingy" fish really pops against the gray background ones!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is just so amazing...That fish looks awesome...great card...love your creativity...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gasp...........this is absolutely amazing Lisa. I just love this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is 'fin'tastic Lisa...sorry, couldn't resist :0)
    Love the bling and the way you've curled his tail.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. AnonymousJune 06, 2012

    Absolutely bling-tastic! :) Lovely touches with the curling of the fins and the silvery bg...great take! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card! Love the grey soft-toned background against the bold orange gemstones!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa