Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Quick and Simple Happy Birthday

Still haven't quite caught up with life...so challenges and such are not happening today...but here's another card I put together a while ago and have held on to thinking it was a bit too simple...but my daughter, who tends to be my card barometer, said she liked it and told me not to add anything to it...so here it is...
Used Papertrey Ink dies for the letters, Clear and simple dies for the hexagons and the dotted frames around them, and part of a Hero Arts sentiment(said 'birthday boy' before I cut it apart...only my second one that I've cut apart...but kind of liking doing it!!!).  I popped the hexagons up on 6 3/4" x 4" bazzill card.  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!!  Lisa

12 comments:

  1. Your daughter is right...it's perfect just as it is. I am loving my new hexagon dies and am going to have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your daughter, Lisa! I think it's just perfect! I've enjoyed catching up on your blog. Seems like there's just not enough hours in a day to do everything I want to do. Glad you got to spend a day with your Mom, Dad and sisters! What a special time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is lovely. I love it just the way it is. Your daughter has a very artistic eye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Your daughter is so-o right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your daughter likes making handmade cards because she has an artistic gift, too! This is CAS, colorful, and excellent for either boy or girl, man or woman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh this is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you listened to your daughter, she must be tickled by these comments. "Look Mom, I'm right, as usual, even your friends think so!" It's a great card, Lisa, glad you posted it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your daughter was right...awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daughter has a GREAT EYE! This is perfect - all that white makes your colors just pop -- WELL DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so behind on Google Reader because I was planning my wedding and away for my honeymoon. Over the past few days, I've been trying to sift through the thousands of posts that I have accumulated and bookmarking anything that catches my eye. It's been a somewhat tedious task because it's a TON of cards and projects to look at, but I just had to stop and look at each one of your last 25 or so posts carefully because your cards are AMAZING. Every single one of your cards makes me think, "Hmm, I wonder if I can ever make something like that?" Awesome job with ALL your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another great design Lisa and one I can CASE because I have all the ingredients :0) Lol

    Your daughter has a great eye for design like her mum :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it looks perfect too. Love the bright colours. x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa