Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Felt Filled Card...and a Couple Pics



It has been a CRAZY week...absolutely no time to create!!  It has been a blessing to have a van to transport my Noah in, but this week we will have had appointments on Tuesday, Wednesday and TWO on Thursday!!  I am hopeful that Friday and Saturday will be a bit more quiet...but for now...please enjoy a card made a while ago and a couple pics from my trip to Buffalo last week...it's all I've got:)!!
I was experimenting with some felt I purchased from Weir Dolls and Crafts and using some Papertrey Ink letter dies along with a Spellbinders scalloped circle and Memory Box leaf dies...made this card.  I layered the letters on chipboard, stitched the 4 folded scalloped circles together with a black button and used a piece of Stampin Up polka dotted paper to put it all on.  Love the colors this company has in wool felt!
Google Maps

Last week I flew to Buffalo to surprise my mom for her 80th birthday....for those of you not familiar with where I live...I found a map....the Blue line shows the distance between my mom and me...the top of the blue line is Buffalo, New York where my mom lives...the bottom of the blue line is Chesapeake Virginia is where I live.  The distance is about 700 miles.
I flew to Buffalo last Monday to surprise my mom...and boy was she surprised!!!  I flew there early in the morning and returned to Virginia at 9:30pm that same day.  Crazy whirlwind trip...but with my Noah, it's only the second time in 5 years I have been away from home that long:)!!    I got to have lunch with my mom and dad and two of my three sisters!!  Here's a couple pics:
Buffalo has the most AMAZING restaurants/ food...but it WAS my mom's day...she opted to go to Panera Bread...we have a gazillion of them in VA and we go there all the time...but my sister Rachel(the one in orange) suggested we go to a wonderful local doughnut shop, Paula's, after lunch...JACKPOT!!!  My mom took a picture of the three of us eating our chocolate frosted cream doughnuts...YUMMMMMMMMM!!!
This pic:  My baby sister Rebecca(11 years younger) , Rachel(10 1/2 months older...10 1/2 months older)...and me.  I love to tell everyone that...just smile thinking how adventurous my parents were:)!! It was a wonderful day of sweet memories...love you mom!!!!
Ok...hope to see you Friday or Saturday...or maybe both:):)!!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

11 comments:

  1. You are so blessed to have your sisters close to you...I also have 2 sisters... we live 6000km's (+- 4000 miles) from all our family!
    I can't wait for next month, when we go to visit them all in SA!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you were with your parents and sister to celebrate your mom's birthday. I can imagine the smile she had when she was surprised to see you.

    Your card is beautiful Lisa. Love the gorgeous pink set against the black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful time you all must have had! Thanks for sharing these pictures with us! (Your card is gorgeous, as always!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat trip. I am a l-o-n-g way from family too. Your card is beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card just jumped out at me, it's very striking!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you got to see your family! Five years is such a long time to be away from home. I love this felt and the clean and beautiful way you displayed it on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pop of hot pink against the black and of course the polka dots :) Gorgeous felt flower too. Glad you ventured into my country and what a fabulous way to surprise your mom!! Great pictures and I'm sure a great time together :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The felt flower and letters look amazing, Lisa! They are so striking against the dark background. And what a sweet trip you must have had to visit your family for your mom's birthday! You all look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a blessing Lisa! Your family is beautiful~so is your card. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card! I can't wait to try one of these felt flowers. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa