Monday, June 25, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays 58...PINK!!

What great ways everyone used vellum and acetate in last week's challenge...I learned so much and was really inspired by your entries!!  Congrats to the winners!!!  This week's challenge at CAS-ual Fridays is celebrating National Pink Day which was on Saturday, June 23rd!...

cfc58
The challenge is to make a clean and simple card using pink!!  Easy Peasy...right?!!
This week's sponsor is Ribbon Carousel...
ribboncarousel.com
...and they are offering a $20 shopping spree to the winner!!...so think pink and join in the fun...hey...pink IS FUN!!!  Here's what I made...
I used a couple sets from Papertrey Ink(Stitiches and Swirls and Beautiful Butterflies for the sentiment).  I stamped the flower image and sentiment with Versamark and white embossed on Soft Suede colored paper.  I used my Prismacolored Pencils and colored the flowers with 2 shades of pink(Magenta and Rose) the leaves in Limepeel...a very light shade of green which shows better IRL, but didn't want to use a green that took anything away from the attention to the pink.  I used Raspberry Fizz Papertrey  Ink ribbon and some dark pink rhinestones for the small flowers. Popped up and layered on bazzill card.   SUPER simple...but have to say...I LOVE coloring with these pencils, the colors are so bold, brilliant and intense...and the act of coloring is fun!!!  A note..... make sure that your colored pencils are always sharpened for boldest color AND to easily get into the small spaces of the image without sending the color on or over the lines.
Make sure to check out the super inspiration from the CAS-ual BLOG team  AND FACEBOOK team(you'll find me here:):)!!) and make sure to get your card into the CAS-ual Fridays challenge by 12noon on Thursday...I hope to see you there:)!!  Hope you have a great week!!!  Lisa

16 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS!! Makes me want to get out my pencils!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card! Love LOVE it! I need to dust off my Prismacolor pencils and CASE this. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow........what a beautiful card. Really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This takes my breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card! Love the way the pink pops when outlined in white!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Lisa, love how vibrant the pink is on Kraft card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and beautifully coloured Lisa! I love that stamp aswell!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the gorgeous pink against the craft Lisa....it is absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful Lisa!`WOW !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Lisa! I love it! Super pretty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am amazed at how vibrant those colors are on the kraft. Very beautiful, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Killer job with the white embossing! So clear and precise - I wish I could accomplish this effect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These flowers are stunning! This totally caught my eye and reminds me to try out my Prismas on kraft sometime. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LoVe the look of the stitched flowers, colored on the kraft!! Super effective and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this card so much I spent hours searching Pinterest, PTI's blog for it after glimpsing it on a Pinterest page on which I couldn't locate it. I finally found it by Googling the name of the stamp set. Thanks for the inspiration. Did I mention I really love this card? :)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa