Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Silver Studded Birthday

Just a very quick post..went on whirlwind trip to surprise my mom for her 80th birthday yesterday...it was wonderful, but am tired and lacking much creativity today.  Made this one inspired by a card I saw on the Papyrus card site...
Stamped a Papertrey Ink sentiment (Birthday Basics) in versamark and silver embossed.  Used some silver and pink studs (Jolee's Pink Pyramid and Silver Studs) and the dots that came with them.  Colored one dot with yellow permanent marker for the candle flame.  Framed in shiny silver piece of thick cardstock and then on black card.  Here's a close up of the silver sentiment...
The size wound up being 4 1/2" x 5".
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

11 comments:

  1. Hey, this is so cool, Lisa! I love how shiny it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your mom! This is so, so cute! You should link this up to the CAS-ual Fridays challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a unique, bold design! Love the silver and pink on the black. Hope your mom had a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome is this card...I LOVE IT...such a great design...Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog..Happy Crafting..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Lisa this is amazing. I love how you used the embellies to make this birthday cake/card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are some awesome studs....look great against the black :0)
    Happy Birthday to your mum, what a great age :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool! I love browsing the non-scrapbook aisles at the stores for unusual embellies:) Hope your mom had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful Lisa!! this is such a creative project!!
    blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card -- I perused your blog - WOW! You do wonderful cards! I signed up for em posts -- looking forward to seeing more of your work! :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is GENIUS! I plan to CASE it and use up some of my bling! THANKS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa