Friday, July 1, 2011

Mojo Monday 197

I made this card for Mojo Monday challenge 197 found HERE :
Here's the sketch:
I chose the square(as I always do:)!)...but my color choices were a bit more difficult.  I initially thought of kraft , brown, and cream, but thought of my designer paper from Michael's and with the flower in the sketch, thought I would let that have the  pop of color, so went with black and white with a  teal flower.  SUPER simple...tried to add some silver pearls, but less is more...I thought there was enough going on with the paper:)!!  Stamped flower, cut out...added enamel accents.  Used a Sizzix die for the leaves and Verve stamp with BEAUTIFUL sentiment...I am loving this for ALOT of occasions...what's not got LOVE in it???  I thought this might be a wedding card??  Added ribbon and popped up panel and flower. 
Thanks for looking...I love these square sketches...fast, easy and with only 4 1/4" square to work with, it's easy to stay simple!

Things I used:
Stamps: Verve Text Objects and Great Friend
 Paper: Papertrey Ink white, black, Textured Taken with Teal, dp from Michael's
 Ink: stazon black
Extras: Sizzix Flowers, Branches and Leaves Die, SU ribbon, Enamel Accents, pop up dots, clear embossing powder

3 comments:

  1. Great use of this week's Mojo sketch and way to flash some Verve :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, I love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is GORGEOUS! Love EVERYTHING about it!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa