Saturday, July 9, 2011

Mojo Monday 198

It seems like...no, it has been ages since I've posted a card.  I have been busy redoing my stamp room...what a job!  My stamp room is a space in my daughter's former bedroom.  She got married last September, and although her bed and dresser are still here for when she and hubby Nic visit, I have taken any remaining space(and the room plus a laundry room, was made from 1/2 the garage, so it wasn't very big to begin with) and continue on in my quest to make the very most of the space I have .  I should have taken "before" pictures, but will take a couple pics when I have it done, to show you "my space"...I am pretty happy, so far.  It's amazing what you can do with a small space!!
I made a couple cards for MojoMonday 198...here's the sketch:
And, based on a look at a Pottery Barn catalog, while waiting in front of one of their stores the other day for my daughter, I was impressed with some outdoor furniture that was wooden with poppy red cushions:
Made with stamps from Annabelle, Verve(sentiment) and stems are RubberSoul. Stamped the same flowers with Versamark on the poppy panel for dimension.
I also decided on another set of stamps by Verve and made this card:
The sketch was pretty simple, which I loved, but the banners(ribbon) panels were a bit of a challenge for me. I wanted to make this sailboat a little more "girly" so used flowered dp and rose red for a base. Drew the lines around the square.

I will put both in the Mojo gallery...it was my fun in the midst of chaos!  Thanks for looking, have a great night.

Things I used:
Stamps:Annabelle, Verve , RubberSoul
Paper: Bazzill white, SU dp, soft suede, sahara sand, poppy parade, rose red
Ink: soft suede, stazon black, versamark
Extras:polka dot embossing folder , ek border punch, bird punch(leaves), brads, ribbon, Enamel Accents

10 comments:

  1. Both of these cards are great!!!! I don't know which one I like the most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on this Mojo sketch! Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both so cute!!! Loving that sweet little sailboat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your cards are lovely! Your pieced flowers are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome...love the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are amazing. I love those colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa, Good luck with your reorganising sounds like you will have a bit more room :0)
    Your cards are fabulous, I love that particular red and with the brown or green accents, simply perfect, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card has so much interest! So much to catch the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are so adorable! Love those flowers all in a row. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on being a finalist!
    A beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa