Thursday, July 21, 2011

MojoMonday 200!!

Congratulations, Julee Tilman, on your 200th MojoMonday sketch and challenge!!  When I came back into stamping two years ago, after having left for seven years(and TOTALLY starting over after giving all but a couple favorite stamps away), MojoMonday was a challenge I would look at and tell myself...wow...those are incredible cards...that is one challenge that's out of my league...kind of like the grouchy ladybug who would say, "Oh, you're not BIG enough."...well I would tell myself, "Oh, you're not GOOD enough."  Well, last year, around my one year back into stamping anniversary(yes, we can ALL have anniversaries), I decided it was time to step out of my comfort zone, and  decided to conquer my biggest stamping fear, MojoMonday!  I can't tell you how liberating it was for me...and how much fun!  I am a clean and simple stamper...I have discovered my style...that's who I am...that's what I do.  I am a puzzle maker, though, too, and LOVE putting pieces together.  I  love to take the Mojo Monday sketches and although I may not be the most creative banana of the bunch, I can interpret literally pretty good and make cards true to my style.  I have LOVED the fact that no matter if you are a stamper who is clean and simple like me, or one who is super creative, or loves lots of layers and "foof"(as I call it:)!)...all cards are admired and valued on MojoMonday...the diversity is wonderful...all this to say...WAY TO GO, JULEE and TEAM!!  Thank you for the wonderful sketches, and inspiring us with your creativity!!
Here's the sketch:
And here's my card:
The colors are a result of inspiration from wrapping paper at Target I saw while out shopping with my daughter yesterday.  The only thing I will say is that I stamped the flower twice, one on white paper and again on blue with black ink and then polka dotted over both the white and blue in versamark and clear embossed...just so you know.  OK, I talked enough..it was fun... thanks for looking, hope your day is great!

Things I used:
Stamps: Stampin up Dot Dot Dot, Hero Arts Sew Me Flower Jewel, Stampendous Party Invite
Paper: textured taken with teal, bazzill white, black the lighter  blue unknown, polka dotted from Mike's
Ink: stazon black, versamark
Extras: SU border punch, white enamel accents, large black brad., lacey square nestie, ribbon from Mike's, pop up dots

5 comments:

  1. I'm a CAS gal myself, Lisa, and appreciate your feelings :) I say I have one creative gene that gets stretched to the limits on many occasions! You have done a fabulous job with this week's sketch. Love the pop of white against the turquoise and the colour combo is gorgeous. Great Mojo card! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is stunning Lisa, the colours are so good together.
    I'm glad you stepped out of your comfort zone back then or we wouldn't get to see these beautiful cards :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa! LOVE your "un-foofy" creation! Great colours and thanks for sharing about how you did the texture on the flower-that's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa, Oh! Yes! Another stunning card, I love the brilliant colour combo of teal and black so classy and the ribbon matches perfectly, simply gorgeous:0) I'm so glad you came back to stamping and I love your style:0) I need to check out the Mojo Monday challenge!! Have a wonderful weekend and thank you so much for all your encouraging comments, hugs Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Lisa :o) Great colours and love the stamps you've used, fab effect on the flower too. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa