Friday, July 1, 2011

One Layer Wednesday...Quick Layers of Ink

I made these cards for One Layer Wednesday 60...the challenge:
 Make a card that layers ink. USE ONLY STAMPED IMAGES AND/OR SENTIMENTS.No masking, no sponging, no embellishments of any kind!  I got out a stamp set I had purchased on ebay  and made these:


The set has 4 stamps...one has 9 circles...so I used my stamp a ma jig and pigment ink from A Muse(the dye inks didn't work so good with these old stamps.,. and stamped.  I cut the card down to 4"...then there were no cut off circles and same length and width of circles.  Added sentiment from Stampendous.

And then I took the rectangle from the same set, and swiped distress ink over the stamp(again dye inks just didn't work...uneven coverage)...and with a long flower stamp and a sentiment from PTI, made this:


I made it on textured paper, too...my DD, Emma liked it better on PTI  white, instead, but here's the other:

These only took minutes, each, but it was fun and kinda "freeing" to have such "limitations" to my card making...it was nice knowing I could make a card in minutes if I had to:)!!
Things I used:
 Stamps: Stampin Up Great Shapes, Stampendous, Papertrey Ink Through the Trees, Tim Holtz
Paper: Papertrey Ink white, Bazzill white
 Ink:  A Muse bubblegum and papaya, distressed linen, soft suede and stazon black
Extras:

5 comments:

  1. It is nice to be able to whip up a card in a few minutes, isn't it? I love your last one on the textured cardstock. I love that image, and the way you've framed it is lovely.
    Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fantastic cards and so different from each other:)
    Love the retro circles.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both cards...but the second one really gets my favorites vote...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are lovely! Thanks for sharing--I may have to CASE these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards, esp the circles...how fun and simple!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa