Monday, March 4, 2024

Lots of Luck

I have made a card that could be sent for St. Patrick's Day, coming up...or any day!  I used a new Simon Says Stamp stamp/die set, as well as stencil, all from their new Splendor release!...
I FIRST die cut the clovers and grass from white cardstock, with no stamped images.  I did this, because with multi-layering stamps, I think....I think it is far easier to stamp the images and position them better with the die cut shapes, by starting with a blank die cut shape.  I put a tiny bit of adhesive on the back of the die cut shape, placed the shape in my MISTI, and then positioned the stamp over the shape and stamped.  I did that with the clovers and the grass.  I then layered them several time, and popped up the grass. I stamped the sentiment. die cut, and layered.  I adhered them all to a gray panel that I had brushed some light gray ink onto with a blender brush.  I struggled so with a background for this card...and then I realized this stencil had JUST what I needed for my card...hearts and horseshoes!!  Horseshoes for the first word of the sentiment, and hearts for the "love" in the sentiment...PERFECT!
Here's a close up...
Have to say...this was fun!  I loved seeing it come together, as it was one of those cards that took lots of twists and turns before it felt like "me"!  Hope your first full week of March is starting off great!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa