Saturday, February 7, 2015

Two "Fast Fixin" Valentines

One of my favorite recipes of my mom's is her Fast Fixin Chocolate Chip Cake...fast, easy and DELICIOUS!!  With Valentine's Day almost here... I made a couple fast, easy and well...SWEET valentines last night...
 I die cut a pink frame from 2 of the MFT heart stax dies (and layered with chipboard), then punched a bunch of flowers.  I just put a dot of glossy accents on the back and went to town adhering them on to the frame...random...no thought(it was late)...then dotted every center showing with enamel accents.  Adhered to sentiment stamped card...easy peasy!!

This one was simply die cut from the Verve dies and layered...I know...so easy...but I could not resist!!

OK...here's the recipe for the cake I mentioned:


Fast Fixin’ Chocolate Cake

1 pkg. Duncan Hines Devil’s food cake mix
¼ cup oil
2 eggs
1 ¼ cups water
1 pkg instant chocolate pudding
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Pour oil into 9x13 pan.  Tilt pan making sure bottom is covered with oil.  Mix remaining ingredients into pan, stir with a spoon until blended(about 2 minutes).  Scrape sides and spread batter evenly in pan.  Bake 35-45 minutes, toothpick comes out clean…springs back when touched.  Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.   DELICIOUS!

Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

8 comments:

  1. 2 fabulous Valentines cards Lisa! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely Lisa and I especially like the contrast of the bright pink flower heart against the white. Both are smokin' good though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Valentines! I'm a sucker for all things tiny, so I'm in love with the first card and pinning it! Thanks for the yummy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous both, but the first one is really clever!!! Genial! Thanks Lisa for the idea, now I know what to do with my punched flowers by leftovers!!! :D Great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of your cards but especially the pink flower heart. It is beautiful and a real eye catcher. The cake recipe sounds terrific. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun cards! Love the simplicity of the 2nd one! I have a similar recipe called Kahlua cake. Instead of water, it has a small tub of sour cream and some Kahlua in it. It's my mom's and my go to cake. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both of these and thought they were for this weeks LiM challenge!!! The heart shaped wreath is my fave...such delicate prettiness !!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa