Sunday, February 22, 2015

Mod Flowers

 Along with the Ashby corner die from the cards I made yesterday, I also purchased the Mod Flower Border die and made a "Mod" card...am LOVING these Poppy dies!!...

This is what it looks like closed:
Layered the flower border twice...put black semi die cut border behind (did not cut it with metal plate, so it served as a background as well as a support for the white border), and then attached the green/white/black panels (all adhered together) onto the white card.Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa
****EDITED****
I had numerous questions about what I meant by semi cut.  To help answer all those questions, I have a couple pics...
 For dies like this one, I always use my metal adaptor plate for all the fine details.  Wanting to semi-cut, for me, means not using the plate, which will not FULLY cut the flower images, and give me the ability to layer this piece behind my white, layered images.  The first pic I have run through my Big shot.  It has cut the flowers, but not cut the details enough for the pieces to fall out.  The second pic shows the edges removed from the die cut...one piece, a little more than 1/2 way down, I had to use scissors to cut the edge from the border's flowers...
I then used glossy accents on the BACK of THE WHITE layered piece and adhered black piece to the white, so there is not lots of glue all over the black flowers(because this will show through).  Hope this makes sense and helps a bit...sorry it has taken me so long to get this to you!! 

13 comments:

  1. You are the go to die-girl. You do such fabulous things with them. I went back and looked at the corner die card is it is just as fantastic as this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card and the one before are so delicate and pretty! I love the colors you chose for the backgrounds. Very inspiring. You're very good at tedious work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful mod flowers and perfect colors for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and that die looks like so much fun to play with. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! So very striking in both design and color choice. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning! So very striking in both design and color choice. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! Some of my favourite colours. Black, white and lime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, this is just stunning! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow wow Wow....I think I LOVE these two even MORE...imagine that! I know I will now be adding this DIE to my WISH List!

    Thanks Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card and would love to try to duplicate. But, I don't quite understand what you mean by semi die cut. Could you please explain how to semi cut a die. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I, too, am trying to figure out exactly how you achieved the black behind the white flowers. Stunning card! I would love to know how to duplicate it.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa