Monday, February 16, 2015

Garden Bouquet Two Ways

I recently got the Poppy Stamps Garden Bouquet die...what a pretty mixture of flourish and flowers:)!!  I made a couple cards using the die a couple different ways...
 This card uses the total die.  I colored the stems/leaves AND the flowers with markers, a couple times...
Then I took all the pieces out of one of the die cuts, leaving the flowers' petals in the one that will be on the bottom(making it a base), then adhered them together...
I then die cut separate flower pieces with the dies from the set and covered the flower tops with the cardstock die cut  flowers.  Why did I color the die, you may ask?...Well, when layering the dies, I wanted color throughout the layers to be intense.  I noticed that when I kept the dies total white, layered and put the colored flower pieces on top of the layers, the color of the flowers were"lost"...less intense.  That led to coloring the stems and leaves, too...I love color...and that was the way to get REAL color! 

The second one I did the same way as the first, except cut the flourish off the flowers, to show the flowers separately...
I love how you can cut dies apart:)...a totally different look!!  Used sentiments from Hero Arts on the first one, Simon Says Stamp on the second.  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

9 comments:

  1. You are the master of die cuts Lisa! These are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are totally sweet! I love how you made two very different cards with that pretty die!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Lisa, they are both beautiful ! I think I like the one with the flourishes cut off best .....lets the flowers shine .

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty Lisa! I have this die and just made a card with it not too long ago. I really love the way you used it though, and will be trying this myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always inspiring, Lisa! Beautiful cards. Your color choices always perfect. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, don't know how you had the patience for this! They look beautiful! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa